[NL20-NL50] SH NL50 KQs pure bluffing for stack

• Majestaet
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.25/$0.5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, Q.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BU raises to $2.00, Hero calls $1.75, 2 folds, CO folds.

Flop: ($5) 7, T, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $3.25, Hero calls $3.25.

Turn: ($11.5) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $7.47, Hero raises to $16.00, BU calls $8.53.

River: ($43.5) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $28.75(All-In), BU calls $28.75.

Final Pot: $101.

BU (100hands): 27/23; CBet Flop/Turn 58(7/12)/100(3/3); AF 9.5

pre: Should be ok

Flop: c/f is one option. The most solid, but the best? I do have an BDFD and two overcards. If I dont give up the Flop, I have to move (not so much SD-value) or hit.

Turn/River: That is the way, I would play my monsters. I can hold 33/77/88/TT/T8s and sometimes J9s or an overpair as my valuehands. My bluff-frequenzy in such a spot is low--->he needs big hands to downcall. Are there enough hands I could force to a fold? What di you think is his broke-Range here? QQ+/33/77/88/TT/T8s/J9s realistic?

Possible Bluff-Spot or -EV-spew?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16

Preflop is not that good actually. How wide is he 3betting? From 100 hands you don't know much but you can get a good estimate. In general, cold calling 3bets OOP with a defined and capped range is bad. That's why I prefer 4bet or folding here. Your hand is quite good to 4bet given the blockers and in the eventuality of a call you get some equity.

As played, you can probably fold flop. His cbet in 3bet pots will have a stronger range just because of his preflop range therefore you should expect a barrel with a higher frequency and you hand will not have enough equity to continue on turns. I think this is quite spewy and don't expect Tx to fold here against your line that often, definitely not AT.

Your play pre and flop would be good against someone that is wide pre but then goes passive post apart form cbets. Then you can expect to take the pot down on the river when he checks the turn and like you said you have 2 overs and some BD draws that help but they help when you are let to realise that equity while this guy will barrel you too often.
    • Majestaet

he is not 3betting, he is attacking a limper!!
    • EmanuelC16
      Oh, thought it's NL25..

Then preflop is OK to call and keep the fish in with a dominated hand but raising will also be OK. I prefer flatting KQs and 3betting KQo in this sort of spot.

Postflop without CO now is not much different actually. You still do not represent that many value hands imo and I don't expect him to fold most of his one pair hands. This is bad for you because his range is not very air heavy since he doesn't cbet flop with all his range.

Just because YOU actually have those hands you mentioned in your range, does not mean he perceives you to have them. You have to think how he perceives you and go from there, your actual range matters less than your perceived one.

I would expect him to call AT+, so I don't expect TPTK or better to fold here. He will fold some of the time but mostly will call. The next problem is that you don't have much equity against his range, you basically have close to 0 outs. That is bad whenever bluffing in a marginal spot. If it's marginal, you want good equity so you can still win when you fail to get a fold.