[NL2-NL10] QQ nitty fold

• Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $0.94 (18.8 bb)
      BB: $6.47 (129.4 bb)
      UTG: $5.87 (117.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $13.58 (271.6 bb)
      CO: $9.30 (186 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO raises to $0.45, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.97) T 2 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.97) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.60, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.97 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: T 2 J 5
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$1.95 net)
      CO mucked and won $3.81 ($1.86 net)

Against a reg on NL5.

I called 3-bet flop OOP becouse we were deep, i fire CB and he minraises, i put him on 88+ AQ+, AA, KK are in his range, i called a minraise if i hit a q and then i c/f, i didn't see any value in QQ here, and i was sure i was beat. I was on a heater too, so i didn't want to sacriface my winnings. So what to do here against a deep reg? 4bet pre and get it in on this flop?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Nej,

If we called the 3-bet how can we be firing a cbet?

We are actually donking into him. He is the preflop raiser.

I don't see any value in donking there and I'd rather let him cbet his bluffs and not risk getting bluffed out of the pot.

The fact that you were on a "heater" or winning shouldn't be a deciding factor in a play. It has nothing to do with the hand at stake so allowing that to influence how you play your hands it will definitely lose you a lot of money in the long run.

As played I can't see how we can fold the turn after we donk/called flop and turn is a blank.
    • Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      Hi bogdan,

thanks for detailed answer!

I fire cbet, becouse people fold a lot in 3-bet pots if they miss. I donked out to see where i am, expected to just call with AK, etc. When he reiseas, i felt im beaten and wanted to fold. he has sets, maybe even JT, overpair so often, so in game i tought this i a good fold, today i don't think it is. Yes this is my problem when im up i don't want to loose a BI deep thats why i folded and i had a lot of action on other tables. Today looking at hand made me miserable, i don't like my play at all. Check-call would have been much better, he can have AK or anything. I still have problems with spots like this OOP.

Thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Nejc351
      Hi bogdan,

thanks for detailed answer!

I fire cbet, becouse people fold a lot in 3-bet pots if they miss. I donked out to see where i am, expected to just call with AK, etc. When he reiseas, i felt im beaten and wanted to fold. he has sets, maybe even JT, overpair so often, so in game i tought this i a good fold, today i don't think it is. Yes this is my problem when im up i don't want to loose a BI deep thats why i folded and i had a lot of action on other tables. Today looking at hand made me miserable, i don't like my play at all. Check-call would have been much better, he can have AK or anything. I still have problems with spots like this OOP.

Thanks
      Hey,

Make sure you don't call this a cbet because you then may get confused when you look at the stats in hem.

A cbet follows a preflop raise. You are the preflop caller so your bet qualifies as a donk (in HM or PT). Now think about how your donk looks. Villain has an easy to bluff us with his AQ/KQ/AK type hands or even worse has a chance to now fold bluffs that would otherwise give us some money.

So without info on the guy and a good reason to donk bet into him we should just ck/call and let him bluff away.
    • Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      Understand! Thanks again!:)