This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ nitty fold

• Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $0.94 (18.8 bb)
      BB: $6.47 (129.4 bb)
      UTG: $5.87 (117.4 bb)
      Hero (MP): $13.58 (271.6 bb)
      CO: $9.30 (186 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO raises to $0.45, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.97) T 2 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.80

Turn: ($3.97) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.60, Hero folds

Results:
      $3.97 pot ($0.16 rake)
      Final Board: T 2 J 5
      Hero mucked Q Q and lost (-$1.95 net)
      CO mucked and won $3.81 ($1.86 net)

Against a reg on NL5.

I called 3-bet flop OOP becouse we were deep, i fire CB and he minraises, i put him on 88+ AQ+, AA, KK are in his range, i called a minraise if i hit a q and then i c/f, i didn't see any value in QQ here, and i was sure i was beat. I was on a heater too, so i didn't want to sacriface my winnings. So what to do here against a deep reg? 4bet pre and get it in on this flop?
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Nej,

If we called the 3-bet how can we be firing a cbet?

We are actually donking into him. He is the preflop raiser.

I don't see any value in donking there and I'd rather let him cbet his bluffs and not risk getting bluffed out of the pot.

The fact that you were on a "heater" or winning shouldn't be a deciding factor in a play. It has nothing to do with the hand at stake so allowing that to influence how you play your hands it will definitely lose you a lot of money in the long run.

As played I can't see how we can fold the turn after we donk/called flop and turn is a blank.
    • Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      Hi bogdan,

thanks for detailed answer!

I fire cbet, becouse people fold a lot in 3-bet pots if they miss. I donked out to see where i am, expected to just call with AK, etc. When he reiseas, i felt im beaten and wanted to fold. he has sets, maybe even JT, overpair so often, so in game i tought this i a good fold, today i don't think it is. Yes this is my problem when im up i don't want to loose a BI deep thats why i folded and i had a lot of action on other tables. Today looking at hand made me miserable, i don't like my play at all. Check-call would have been much better, he can have AK or anything. I still have problems with spots like this OOP.

Thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Nejc351
      Hi bogdan,

thanks for detailed answer!

I fire cbet, becouse people fold a lot in 3-bet pots if they miss. I donked out to see where i am, expected to just call with AK, etc. When he reiseas, i felt im beaten and wanted to fold. he has sets, maybe even JT, overpair so often, so in game i tought this i a good fold, today i don't think it is. Yes this is my problem when im up i don't want to loose a BI deep thats why i folded and i had a lot of action on other tables. Today looking at hand made me miserable, i don't like my play at all. Check-call would have been much better, he can have AK or anything. I still have problems with spots like this OOP.

Thanks
      Hey,

Make sure you don't call this a cbet because you then may get confused when you look at the stats in hem.

A cbet follows a preflop raise. You are the preflop caller so your bet qualifies as a donk (in HM or PT). Now think about how your donk looks. Villain has an easy to bluff us with his AQ/KQ/AK type hands or even worse has a chance to now fold bluffs that would otherwise give us some money.

So without info on the guy and a good reason to donk bet into him we should just ck/call and let him bluff away.
    • Nejc351
      Nejc351
      Bronze
      Understand! Thanks again!:)