[NL20-NL50] NL30 89s nuts. Turn play?

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      On Game, $0.15/$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $17.85 (59.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $67.89 (226.3 bb)
      BB: $40.12 (133.7 bb)
      MP: $10.20 (34 bb)
      CO: $43.11 (143.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9:heart: 8:heart:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.80) 5:heart: 6:club: 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.35, BB calls $1.35

Turn: ($4.50) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.90, Hero raises to $5, BB calls $4.10

River: ($14.50) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13, BB calls $13

Fast poker - unknown opponent

I guess i can bet the flop bigger.

On the turn. Is it better to just bet or ch/r is ok? I can get more money vs. his strong hands by check raising and get some value from his floats?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

I agree with your play here. It's odd that he bets the turn so small and it looks like an inducer bet or small cheap stab. So I like our bigger raise but I'd just ship river.

Since he bet/call he is most likely on a draw or slowplay and draws fold the river almost always. And some of his slowplays might just call.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Achilles,

I agree with your play here. It's odd that he bets the turn so small and it looks like an inducer bet or small cheap stab. So I like our bigger raise but I'd just ship river.

Since he bet/call he is most likely on a draw or slowplay and draws fold the river almost always. And some of his slowplays might just call.
      this line is nuts :) completely agree about jamming river, superb
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi.

Do you think that he is betting the turn like that with draws (no showdown value)? I thought that he has either slowplay or some kind of medium value hand (pair or pair+draw). I thought that he will call a big bet with one pair, but might fold a lot more to an overbet?