Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $14.08
      BB: $10.00
      Hero (UTG): $23.96
      CO: $10.61
      BTN: $32.16 27/13 665 hands 3bet/F3bet/4bet - 3/63/5 regular

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:diamond: A:heart:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BTN raises to $1.00, fold, fold, Hero raises to $3.50, BTN calls $2.50

Flop: ($7.15, 2 players) 9:diamond: 7:heart: 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $5.10, BTN calls $5.10

Turn: ($17.35, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets $15.36 and is all-in, BTN calls $15.36

River: ($48.07, 2 players) Q:heart:

Hand is very interesting only because we are deep and we had recently large pots so we might have some dislike against each other.

Preflop: I open as standart. Being in UTG with AA is not the best position to have to get into big pot.
      When getting a raise from BTN, I assume it might be a steal to finish the hand right away. By raising back I risk either finishing the hand right away - that I do not mind even with AA oop because we are deep. And other option is that I induce allin from AA-QQ,AK.

Flop: I have the initiative and I want to protect the hand against flush draws. When Cbetting - I expect to have a lot of calls from any overpair or AK. Likelyhood of running into set is negligible.

When A comes on turn my plan is to turn the hand into bluff by shoving.
      Villain can interpret like that and call with all his range wither to bluffcatch or kind of value calling.
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop 4betting is fine, but I would make it $3.

As played, I don't really like betting so big on the flop - I'd rather play bet/bet/bet here since with these huge bets we can't really balance our range and can easily make him fold hands like QQ or so.

On the turn, I'd check here. If he has the ace, the money goes in anyways, and if he has an underpair he is definitely not calling us here, but he might call a river bet.
      I'm not afraid of FD's at all here, since I can't see any FD in his range, so I would just check and give him a chance to bluff or value bet with worse.

Best,
      Plamen
    • ilioas
      ilioas
      Bronze
      I'm not afraid of FD's at all here, since I can't see any FD in his range, so I would just check and give him a chance to bluff or value bet with worse.

3bet from BTN can be AK,AQ,AJ,KQ,KJ. I guess villain could still call 4bet with AK,AQ,KQ because we are deep and he has the position.
      And paying off his flush after he has hit it is worse than get him pay before he hits.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Do you really expect someone with 3% 3bet to 3bet AJ or KQ here against and MP raise? I really really doubt this, and yet, if he goes for a 3bet he is definitely going to fold after the 4bet.

And even if we include KQ in his range, he just has 1 combo of FD.