Advice please!

• Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      I have been playing for some time and am regularly in the coachings.

I have been looking at some old graphs and i know people say dont look at your red line just your green line!

Well it is my blue line that is the one in constant decline! It is my redline that stops me going bust.

I use the ORC as a basis and mostly use 3bet, VPIP and agg when making my decisions.

I know i am doing a lot wrong, but what tips can i bring in immediatly!

STuart
  • 4 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      First of all, if your green line is positive, then I would relax.

Go through your sessions, and find several hands where your blue line was hurt by a hand and post it for evaluation.

The Red Line MythIs an excellent thread that starts with a very clear outline of how your play can have an effect on the red & blue lines.

Give it a read, and it may even answer your questions.

All the best,
      --VS
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Moved to the NL board :)
    • awesomeo
      awesomeo
      Bronze
      Hey man,

I honestly believe that what you wrote here:

Well it is my blue line that is the one in constant decline! It is my redline that stops me going bust.

is very flawed and may cause you to evaluate in a wrong way what is going on with your game. Do not think that your red line is keeping you up so you are doing fine when it comes to bluffing and you only have to change things about your blue line. They are totally related and they reflect your overal playing style.

For example what is recomended at the micros is having blue line high up and red line drilling down, hopefully a with positive total. That would mean that you are getting the fundamentals right and you are playing solid valuebetting game. The important thing here (which is the reason for a decent portion of your declining red line) is that you learn to bet/fold made hands - TP, overpair when you face raise vs your valuebet. You are familiar with the concept of relative hand strenght and are aware that AA is the nuts on 772r and it is beat vs raise on KQT87sss. So you fold it in the second case and you red line go down.

What many people do is having red line on the positive and declining blue line. That doesn't mean they are genious bluffers and if they fix something about the blue line they will get the best of both worlds. It simply means that they don't fold much. You can't lose without SD if you don't fold. Of course then you lose it at SD and you destroy your blue line. The way to have the best posible red line is not to fold a single hand and go allin every time. However such player will be big loser. On higher limits there are profitable styles that include positive red and negative blue line but that styles reflect different tendencies of the players there.

So don't think you positive red line is necesary a good thing but try to adjust to the tendencies at your limits. If the tendency is that people will not fold much then valuebetting game is what you need to do. And that also include learning to recognize the spots when they are valuebetting youl.
    • Stu24023
      Stu24023
      Bronze
      Awesomeo, thank you for your reply, it has got me thinking and i will be looking at my HM2 and spend some proper time analysing my loses and wins to look for a pattern.

My game is still in its infancy and i have a lot to learn, i want to succeed and be at a similar level to players like yourself.

Stuart