Tiled vs stacked? Which is better?

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Personally I like stacked because it is much bigger, however I misclick by accident sometimes and I don't know I timed out at one of the tables when making a decision at one table for too long.

Do you think the way you arrange your tables may affect wr?
  • 7 replies
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      I can't imagone how it's possible to play stacked tables. Decisions takes much longer because you cab't follow all the action and you need to recreat it in your mind when table pops up. Also, I like to "fold told fold" or make some easy decisions, while having a tough decision on one table.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've tried to play stacked before, was a nightmare, I didn't get to know any of my opponents and was constantly making rushed and wrong decisions.

When playing Tiled you can see all of your tables and be far more productive with your time. You can plan your actions ahead when you have no moves to make, watch other players and find reads, spend time to think on one hand, fold another and then carry on thinking again, you cannot do this on tiled! You either make a fast decision or tank and start getting sat out on other tables, you then find you folded your AA because you took so long on a previous hand.

I play 6 tables tiled and still have plenty of time to think deeply about hands, even post a message on Skype if I really have too (not recommended ofc!) Tiled just seems like I'm so unorganized, I have no idea what's going on where, when or how.

I'm also going to move this into GPD for more exposure ;)
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Depends on the format you are playing and the number of tables. 6 tables are really awesome to play tiled, 8 is ok too but when it goes higher i have cought my self loosing focus just because there is action everywere and u dont know which is priority and try to process information like that over the poker stuff and its really not needed... so when its more than 8 i go for stacked. But keep in mind im playing 6max hypers, if u play cashgames that number will be higher like 12, but the idea is the same, if u loose focus and get confused, go for stacked.
    • TiciBoy
      TiciBoy
      Bronze
      Unless you play insane amount of tables (SNG grinders) I prefer tiled. As said, you can see all the action, so your decisions are easier.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Just thought I'd throw this in.

What do you think about playing both Tiled and Stacked?

4 Tables Tiled, twice, so you have 4 stacks of 2 tables ;)
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      Tiled,ofc
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      If you play cash games then its tiled and its not even close. Personally i manage to tile 24 tables at full size with minor overlap. I really don't mind the overlap as long as i have access to every table at any time.

If you 50 tables MTT SNGs or something then i guess you can play stacked, but if you play 24 tables or less then tiled>>>stacked.