Recreational player blog

• Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      I never wrote a blog before but reading the other blogs I get inspiration so I'll give it a try!

I'm from Mauritius and English is not my native language but i'll try my best to write good english! It is a small island found in the Indian Ocean, east of Madagascar! We have beach, sun here. :f_cool:

Anyway what I do is that I am studying for the professional qualification ACCA and I'm currently on level 2, so during my free time, I took a dab at poker!

I always watched how my friends played poker during school lunch break and it was kinda interesting but I never try to play with them because I did not know much about live poker and tells etc..So years goes by and I'm still a noob at poker and I just recently succeed to know what hands beat what. I always thought straight beat flush. :f_eek:

So back to 2013! But lets rewind to 2012, in 2012 I started football betting and well you know what I was down for almost an entire year, it was addictive at first, I even skip my courses just to go pick my bet! But ever since Nov-Dec 2012 I started being a consistent winner,though I copy some free picks form other tipster on the internet, right you could think, well it is copying/lazy/you dont know what you doing but at least with that much free tips on the internet I manage to get the winning ones! :f_p:

So yeah 2013 I'm already started building a bankroll for sports betting on the interwebz! But you know then I found Pokerstrategey, I don't know how, ok I know how, someone posted a link on that free soccer betting tips site I was picking my winners up from and said free money so I joined! :evil:

Nevertheless I got the starting $10 busted it in 2 days or less I think! Lost a big chunk then gone heads up on 1/9 table. good at first then got eaten. :s_mad:

So I registered for Titan/Pokerstars looking for freeroll but its hard with so much people competing for it! I found another site and got like $6 buy in on P* but busted it and I am at $0.47! They did not even allow me to join micro, min $0.80! So yeah gutted but I won't deposit any money for now. I'll just see if I can build on that $0.47, with some freeroll etc, it will be a long time I guess! :f_frown:

Ok lets talk about my skills, I think I played less than 2000 hands in my entire poker life but live and online, I have about 850 hands on Pokertracker 4 trial, then the rest I guess is freeroll etc. Some PT 4, makes my wooden PC lag, If I load 4 tables I'm screwed, I tried once for freerolls, anyway I just play on 1 table and got busted out. :f_frown:

Hmm so I think I pretty much covered everything me being a total :f_confused: , and not being able to play much online due to hardware problems, my PC freeze when I try to run HM2, true story. :)

Oh I forgot I'm a completely noob about poker terminology/ stats etc, what are floats, boats, 3bet etc.. :(

So what are my goals for the future!

GOALS

:heart: Becomes a pro gambler? :heart:
      :heart: Finished my ACCA course :heart:
      :heart: Build up a bankroll on P* (I like the site, good support lots of people) :heart:
      :heart: Buy a new PC :heart:
      :heart: Get my own place with my gambling money :heart:
      :heart: Go to Vegas at least once before I die :heart:

Hmm that is goals!

So what should I do with the $0.47 I have, I think I will try the micromillons. Could play 4 qualifying tourney and maybe I can get lucky and win. :s_evil:

So that all, I'll keep you posted daily if time permits or if I'm not lazy.
  • 30 replies
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Hey, good luck with your challenge.

First look at your graph - you bluff WAY too much. No need to bluf so much at micros. If you could post your stats for these 800 hands, everyone could help you way more.
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Thanks but they will say it is too low of a sample. :f_biggrin:

But I'll give it a try!
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Bankroll is now $0.36!

Lost a micro qualifier. :D
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Bankroll back to $1.25, got 14/104 in Micro qualifier, better money than Tokens right? :D

Edit: Yeah I miss one place to get entry!
    • SRBSavic1
      SRBSavic1
      Bronze
      i have 500$+ , from 17c :D
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Hehe great haul grats, i'll reach that milestone eventually! :D
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      You can do it man!!!
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Good luck Sarkov!
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Thanks both! Yes I will!
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Ok now I know what 3bet means!

BB bet first, someone raise and someone else re raise!

And doing a session review before my next session. :D
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Ok busted again. :D

I should really consider getting a bankroll first. :f_eek:
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Ok its being a while since the last update.

Well things have been going a bit sideways, i deposited $20 on pokerstars grind it up to like $38 dollars and then got tilted, tried to play zoom and lost like all my profits.

So i decided to lose all my money on $1.5 hyper Turbo SNG heads up on pokerstars but thank god I did not lose it all but managed to grind my bankroll up again. I just push/fold like a crazy maniac in the HU SNG!

Once the villain had 200 chip i just fold until I got good cards, or any Ax and push, works wonders. :evil:

Anyway I think I played like 8000 hands so far, but most of it is not tracked, and if I had a software that tracked it I would be like break even or losing player on NL 2. X( ,

So one day I just decided to make a new database to get a good looking graphs and i'll show it to you below.

Well what I learned so far, is maybe to tilt less, c bet on dry board, big hands for big pot, small hands for small pot, trying not to play from the SB and BB or if I play i'll raise as the preflop aggressor, and being aggressive when I was the preflop aggressor, that is cbet on the flop. Also i don't mind going all in with Ako if there is a SS playing like 25bb etc.

Of course i have leaks sometimes i limp my AA,AK,KK etc, and when someone raised, i 3bet them, and limping a bit often with other cards also one of my leaks I think.

One thing though I am using free poker database, but tried to configure the hud, but messed up so I play without hud. X(

Of course I can 3 table at once, but I go on autopilot and play just prenium hands, so I tends to play only 1 table since I don't have hud, and if my mood good I can 2 table!

My plan for the upcoming month is to reach gold on pokerstrategy and clear my first deposit bonus, still can deposit twice before 2 months but I'm out of money in real life, so biggie no clearing of bonus! :f_confused:

Busted my sports betting bankroll too, trying to chase after loses, mostly live betting. Yeah it sucks. ;(

Well also other goals is too get 100bi for $1.5 sng heads up game and start grinding them, good for getting lots of VPPs and play good poker on NL2 currently, I'll be taking shot to next limit once I get the required bankroll. But mainly i'll be playing NL 2, till I get the BIs for heads up sng. Also sometimes the occasional 1FPP sng. :]

Anyway my graph below, mainly 1 tabling, and then 2 tabling sometimes. Not much volume right? I got to study. in one month or so I'll be taking exams and I can't fail or I won't get an internship to further my accounting career. I kind of messed up my interview on this one, going in a casual outfit rather than a smart one, luckily I think because of someone referring me they offered me a possible internship, if i sucks they won't hire me. :(

Okay graph as it is.
      Edit: Deleted it. :D

Ok cya on next update. =)
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Double post. :O
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Busted my first roll of $20.

My highest was $70, then with trying to get back losses, I tried $7, $15 hu sng but busted of course. Now back to just 1bi.

Poor me, i'm debating whether to put some of my life roll or just try to do something with the $2.
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Life

Ok next update, it's been a while, took part in 2 exams, but honestly did not do well, was not well prepared and just wrote anything down, anyway i have free time now, about 2 months before results and to decide what to do.

Job wise, I think I nailed the interview in a bad way, so I don't think i'll be getting the internship soon, no biggie more time for poker.

Poker

Created an account on full tilt, and succeeded in building my roll to $20, the new to the game tables where you can only 2 table at most, is damn fishy, just wait for AA or limp with any and when you connect just go all in, at least one of them will call, if not more.

But I moved my roll to pokerstars because fpdb can't be used on full tilt ;( , and im winning like 7bb/100 on about 9k hands so far on NL2, bad right?

Mostly I think my mistake is trying to play more tables than I can handle. 2 is my optimum. Maybe 3 when I'm feeling good. 4 and I start to go autopilot. Still 2 tables sucks. Action are damn slow!

Ok, so i am going to learn poker more now, so I can catch an upswing faster.
      And I'll put down some goals and try to beat them.

Monthly Goals

Play minimum 500 hands per day so, 16 days left: So 8000 more hands, total would be around 17k hands at the end of month,

Watch 1 video per day, so 16 videos at the end of the month.

Finished the beginner course at the end of the month, maybe next month if I happen to get busy.

Learn about ranges, and construct 3bet range, blind defense/steal range that will help me later on when I move up.

Go for gold here, should be achievable since I have more free time.

Ok cya all until next update, i'll have to look for my old dusty beginner's course now. :s_evil:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hope to see you wearing Gold very soon then Sarkov!
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Busted roll again.

Now i will be play exclusively freeroll for July and see where I am at the end of July and decide what to do then.

Not much FPPs to use too. X(
    • TJtheTJ
      TJtheTJ
      Silver
      Well, play the ultimate freeroll tonight and ship it! That should fix your problems! ;)

Sorry to hear about you busting your roll though. But I'm convinced you'll be able to get back on track soon enough! Just keep playing and studying and you'll get there :)
    • Sarkov
      Sarkov
      Bronze
      Hehe yeah will be trying my luck later. :)

Thanks, i'll keep on going! I'll get there eventually. :D