AKs

• thesundancekid
      thesundancekid
      Bronze
      this is just a general question but it would be interesting to hear your comments.

say your are PRE FT, 14 left and your are sitting about 9th in the tournament, you have about avg stack and about 25-30bbs..

your in a flip situation , some1 puts you all in with same size of stack and you have AKS.

now say that this is a MASSIVE game like PRE Sunday Million/Warm or EPT FT.

villain that puts you all in is a decent player you put him on 88+ WTF would you do ???

AK v any PP its 45%-55% total flip..........would you really risk whole stack on a flip!!?
  • 7 replies
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      im a tourney fish but this seems like a pretty obv call....
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      No, given the info you snapfold.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lodinn
      No, given the info you snapfold.
      and ur telling me im a nit :D

personally if i was ITM already, and had a 50% shot in doubling up, having a massive advantage and shot to get the big prizes (say 1st-3rd in this case), instead of chipping away folding AKs 30bb deep, id take it
    • lodinn
      lodinn
      Bronze
      You still have a good shot at 1st with 30bb in your stack in a late phase of a tournament. Calling assuming you know you're flipping makes no sense :)
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      I think its a non brainer call in this spot. You really don't have the option of waiting for a better spot given how short you are and the fact that your playing 6-7 handed. Add anties to that and you effectively have more like 20-25 bb. You only have enough chips for 10-12 orbits or about 80 hands. Chances that your going to get a better spot in the next few hands and not be only 5bb deep at that point are more of a gamble then taking a flip with AK.

and there's always about 3bbs of dead money in the pot from anties and blinds or even more if you opened and got showed on.

So even if he shoves you 88 and you know your flipping i think you still have to call, but in reality i think your more like 60-40 against pretty much any range that gets it in for 30bbs in a 6 handed game. Actually why anyone would even consider folding AKs in this spot is really beyond me.
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      I think its a non brainer call in this spot. You really don't have the option of waiting for a better spot given how short you are and the fact that your playing 6-7 handed. Add anties to that and you effectively have more like 20-25 bb. You only have enough chips for 10-12 orbits or about 80 hands. Chances that your going to get a better spot in the next few hands and not be only 5bb deep at that point are more of a gamble then taking a flip with AK.

and there's always about 3bbs of dead money in the pot from anties and blinds or even more if you opened and got showed on.

So even if he shoves you 88 and you know your flipping i think you still have to call, but in reality i think your more like 60-40 against pretty much any range that gets it in for 30bbs in a 6 handed game. Actually why anyone would even consider folding AKs in this spot is really beyond me.
      This.

And if he open shove, I would exclude AA, KK, since he would most likely open to trap someone in that spot.
    • thesundancekid
      thesundancekid
      Bronze
      Good feedback guys.

I agree and also disagree

about AKs or not in these spots that deep.

the amount of really big final tables I have missed bcoz of AK.. ( and im sure all you have also)

good folds win games!,

when I get my money in I like to be about 65%+

ak calling a jam with same stack as you , you are basically saying ok heads or tails.. all they hours playing , really close to MASSIVE life changing payouts and you wanni gamble all that on a total coin toss ?

if I was in the FT id snap call with AK but this is PRE FT..