[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 AKo 14-03-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $1.08 (21.6 bb)
      UTG: $6.91 (138.2 bb)
      MP: $4.60 (92 bb)
      CO: $4.53 (90.6 bb)
      BTN: $1.70 (34 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5.63 (112.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.13, BB folds

Flop: ($0.35) K J 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: ($0.35) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.26, MP raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.34

River: ($1.55) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.20, Hero folds

No info on villain.

Preflop:
      Could have made a 3bet here, decided against it, can't remember exactly why unfortuneately, think I thought his range might be towards stronger pairs...

Flop:
      Not sure if this was ok, I wanted to x/r here, but villain timed out, thats like (15 sec on ipoker)

Turn:
      As he didn't seem to interested in the pot I made my move, think it was standard, or should I protect a bit more?
      When he then raises me, I thought I might still be ahead and called.

River:
      Straight got there, and he could have 2 pair combos, think it's a fold (especially with no info)?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Resilence,

Preflop: due to his small stack he seems fishy so I would look to 3-bet for value/isolation/initiative

Postflop: As played what straight got there on the river? Do you expect him to raise 76s? QT was already there on the turn.

So if you think you are ahead on the turn you are on the river too. So we either call and call or just fold turn. I would probably just call.
    • Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Heh true, my intetntion was to call the river, but just couldn't get into my head why he checked the flop (timed out) if it was some sort of slowplay.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Resilence
      Heh true, my intetntion was to call the river, but just couldn't get into my head why he checked the flop (timed out) if it was some sort of slowplay.
      In that case you might as well fold the turn. Because we should not expect him to give up and we have 1 out.