This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Pocket KK vs AQ7 flop - .05/10 NL

• WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      Sorry - no graphics to show. I was in the SB with KK. The board folded around to the BU who is generally loose and mildly aggressive. He min-raised to .20 which he did almost every hand regardless of position. I re-raised to .50. Should I have re-raised larger? BB folded. I wanted him (BU) to call, which he did.

The flop came AQ7 rainbow. Obviously I didn't like seeing the Ace.

There was $1.10 in the pot at this point. I bet $1 and he folded. Should I have played this differently?

I c-bet large because if I had bet say .50 on the flop and he had called (which he might have done with a variety of hands), I don't think that I would really know where I stood, and then would be stuck in the SB playing 'follow the leader' (him). If I checked on the flop, and he bet, again I would really have no idea where I stood. As he is aggressive, I expected him to bet in a situation like that with any two.

Was my thinking logical?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Was this a live game or online?

As played we should re-raise larger for pure value and not to give him great odds.

I would make at least $1 OOP vs someone like him (so 10 BB).

I think that betting that big on the flop is a mistake. You are isolating yourself against a stronger range of most Ax or better. By betting smaller hands like Qx or draws can call.

So I would normally bet something like 60c or even check back the flop and play turn/river (if we have more info on villain).