SB: $1.94
      BB: $1.86
      UTG: $2.00

MP unknown over 15 hands
      VP$IP - 49
      PFR - 0

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:spade: K:heart:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, MP calls $0.15, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.52, 3 players) Q:heart: 5:heart: 4:club:
      Hero bets $0.45, MP raises to $0.90, fold, Hero raises to $2.25, MP raises to $3.60, Hero raises to $4.92 and is all-in, MP calls $0.10 and is all-in

Turn: ($7.92, 2 players) A:club:

River: ($7.92, 2 players) 2:diamond:

Hero shows K:spade: K:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 83%, Flop 28%, Turn 16%)
      MP shows 5:club: Q:club: (Two Pair, Queens and Fives) (Pre 17%, Flop 72%, Turn 84%)
      MP wins $7.59

It does look like he has set, but still since he was unknown I felt it was ok, what to do usually in this spot? I dont fell calling here at all, but is here my shove apropriate?
  • 8 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi MM,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: He is short which implies a weaker/fishier/recreation player. Did you have any info on him?

Given that a lot of players can even raise Qx here or draws I can't see how we can fold after he min raises us.

I would go broke as well.
    • moneymakerzzz
      moneymakerzzz
      Bronze
      No info at all .
      By the way thank you :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by moneymakerzzz
      No info at all .
      By the way thank you :)
      You are welcome.

Yes, without info, I don't think we can fold. Plenty of fishy guys raise Qx there or draws.

If we were deep it may be different but he's short to begin with.
    • moneymakerzzz
      moneymakerzzz
      Bronze
      1) What is bb/100 for an average winning player at NL100.
      I really want to be a winning player at FR NL100, now I'm obiviously broke even at NL5, and my stack is about 300$, tried to play at NL10 yesterday on 9 tables, lost about 6 buyins
      playing obiviously at pokerstars, today started to play at NL5 again, because at NL10 my mistakes cost me too much. Now I'm playing 6 tables

Main quetions here is what is the best aproach to getting to my goal.
      I thing I have to read books, read pokerstrategy articles which for me is ones you get for bronze status, watch live sesion an sesion review videos and participate at live coachings.
      And participate at hand evaluation forum.

Is there any advise you have?
      Talking about books on my list to read after a looking through lots of forums there are the list in order how I will study :
      1. Harrington on Cash games Volume 1
      2. Harrington on Cash games Volume 2
      3. Super System 2 - (just chapters about NL Holdem)
      4. No Limit Hold 'em Theory and Practice (David Sklansky, Ed Miller)
      5. Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem (Miller, Mehta, Flynn)
      6. The Poker Blueprint by Tri Nguyen and Aaron Davis
      7. Professional no limit (Flynn, Mehta, Miller)
      8. Dynamic Full Ring Poker Beyond The Basics (Splitsuit)
      Any advice on books or on order to read ?

I have watched all the hasenbrateen videos(those for bronze status) like few year ago , and I will go through all of them again .... any advice on additional videos here???

Is there any advice on how to do this stuff, like 3 hours studing books , 3 hours watching videos , 1 hour viewing hand evaluation forum , and few hours of playing or , at begining just studing and not playing at all ?

If you already reading this line than thank you for your time :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      1) What is bb/100 for an average winning player at NL100.
      I really want to be a winning player at FR NL100, now I'm obiviously broke even at NL5, and my stack is about 300$, tried to play at NL10 yesterday on 9 tables, lost about 6 buyins
      playing obiviously at pokerstars, today started to play at NL5 again, because at NL10 my mistakes cost me too much. Now I'm playing 6 tables

Don't worry about the nl100 winrate. It all depends on the winning player but you can still look at getting 3-5 big blinds per 100.

The first problem I see is that you took a shot at 9 tables. That's suicide. You are trying a new limit, with new players and some new dynamics and you are playing a ton of tables. So you will have a lot of problems. Plus you are keeping 1/3 of your roll on the tables (or more).

If you are breakeven at nl5 playing a lot of tables how do you expect to do any better at nl10?

My first recommendation is drop the number of tables and work on your game at nl5. When you feel mentally ready attempt some nl10 sessions but on less tables (let's say 4-5 for the shot, or even less).

Main quetions here is what is the best aproach to getting to my goal.
      I thing I have to read books, read pokerstrategy articles which for me is ones you get for bronze status, watch live sesion an sesion review videos and participate at live coachings.
      And participate at hand evaluation forum.

Is there any advise you have?
      Talking about books on my list to read after a looking through lots of forums there are the list in order how I will study :
      1. Harrington on Cash games Volume 1
      2. Harrington on Cash games Volume 2
      3. Super System 2 - (just chapters about NL Holdem)
      4. No Limit Hold 'em Theory and Practice (David Sklansky, Ed Miller)
      5. Small Stakes No-Limit Holdem (Miller, Mehta, Flynn)
      6. The Poker Blueprint by Tri Nguyen and Aaron Davis
      7. Professional no limit (Flynn, Mehta, Miller)
      8. Dynamic Full Ring Poker Beyond The Basics (Splitsuit)
      Any advice on books or on order to read ?

I would recommend that you hold off on books for the time being because you have a lot of information here + you need to get in hands/volume so you can get some practice in.

For a cheap price you can upgrade your account here to silver and watch even more videos (I have a lot of full ring videos for silver)

I have watched all the hasenbrateen videos(those for bronze status) like few year ago , and I will go through all of them again .... any advice on additional videos here???

Is there any advice on how to do this stuff, like 3 hours studing books , 3 hours watching videos , 1 hour viewing hand evaluation forum , and few hours of playing or , at begining just studing and not playing at all ?

If you already reading this line than thank you for your time :)
      As mentioned above I recommend you upgrade to silver and watch those videos as well.

I would also recommend that you take notes for videos so you can refer back to them.

Best of luck and keep me posted.

Bogdan
    • moneymakerzzz
      moneymakerzzz
      Bronze
      Thank you very much! :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Thank you very much! :)
      You are welcome,

Best of luck at the tables and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I think this is a call and re-evaluate turn. On average a fish NEVER bluffs with min-raise and they usually love to play draws passively, so I'd put him exactly on random 2p/sets, never on a draw or lone Qx.

If ye had more reads that he was a maniac or overplays tp's, I'd go for it, but against unk. fish I'd be very careful.