This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Bluff bet size

• moneymakerzzz
      moneymakerzzz
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: $1.86
      BTN: $5.00
      SB: $5.00
      BB: $3.64
      UTG: $4.10
      UTG+1: $5.87
      MP: $4.68
      Hero (MP+1): $5.69

BB over 114 hands
      VP$IP 23
      PFR 5
      AggF 2
      Total 3Bet 2
      F to 3Bet 67
      Flop Cbet -
      F to Flop Cbet 0

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:diamond: T:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.62, 2 players) 4:heart: 8:spade: 9:diamond:
      BB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.85, BB raises to $3.34 and is all-in, fold

BB wins $2.22

Since he seemed like straight forward player I decided to bluff here - is the reraise size ok for bluff ? I mean If I would had set of 99, 88 or 44 i would bet the same amount..
      I dont see him going all in with anything that I can beat...

I think this is a good spot for a bluff .. is it ?
  • 2 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I wouldn't turn this hand into a bluff. Actually, he is so rocky with his 3-bet that I would only call pre for set-value against min 3-bet and fold to any bet if not improved or we don't have OESD etc.

Raising here is the worst option, I guess he'd give up weaker hands on flop. If you think he could be betting here with AK/AQ I'd call and re-evaluate turn to keep his range wider, but raising is totally a mistake.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

As a general rule of thumb, dont raise something for value if u arent willing to stack off with it, UNLESS you are very confident that he will call with many worse hands but only reraises with really strong hands.

If u are doubting your initial decision to raise here then its a bad play.

Here you should.note that your hand is medium strength so you should just call since few worse hands call and we cant bluff out better hands.

Thanks.