[NL20-NL50] NL30 TT deep preflop? overpair on the flop

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      On Game, $0.15/$0.30 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $59.83 (199.4 bb)
      Hero (SB): $88.25 (294.2 bb)
      BB: $17.29 (57.6 bb)
      MP: $4.12 (13.7 bb)
      CO: $88.17 (293.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T:diamond: T:heart:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.60, BB folds

Flop: ($2.55) 5:diamond: 6:diamond: 8:spade: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.95, CO folds, BTN calls $1.95

Turn: ($6.45) 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.40, BTN calls $4.40

River: ($15.25) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Unknown. Probably regs.

Preflop: Do you squeeze here? I`m ahead of their ranges, but i expect to get called alot this deep and postflop will suck, unless i hit a set.

Postflop. I think leading this flop is best. I don`t wan`t to ch/c OOP, because my opponents will be able to play very well against me (my range will be capped and they can barrel or value bet me easily). With a lead i can get value from worse hands and avoid giving them free cards.

I think i can bet the turn for value again.

On the river? I`m not sure if i can bet for value again. I think i have the best hand almost always (only JJ beats me), but i`m not sure if he will call a bet with 87/89/99 etc. And i decided to ch/c. Maybe another option would be to bet smth. like 4$-5$ and call a raise?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

Preflop: 3-betting is an option to build up the pot now for when we hit and also gain initiative. Most people play very fit/fold this deep so we shouldn't have too many problems picking up pots postflop.

Postflop: As played, without any info I don't mind your line and I think that river can be a bet as well, especially since the draws missed and 8x will have a hard time folding (and 99).