SnG beginner strategy article brm

• sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I have read the new strategy you give towards beginners and was really surpriced about your new attitude towards brm.

I been on this site since 2008 and played SnG's the most since that time. When I started games where much softer then, but even then the brm advised was at least 30 BI. Not soon after this became at least 50 bi.

Now a day when I talk to most regs they all want at least 50 bi and many want much more. Which seems logical since the games have become harder to beat so people have smaller edges then they used to and thus bigger swings.

Considering this all I think a 20 bi BRM is just way to aggresive for beginners and will lead most of them going broke imo for several reasons.

1. they are still new with SnG's and thus making more mistakes which leads to a lower ROI then more experienced SnG-players
      2. even experienced players have 30 bi downswings quite regarly is these games and even some good players have had swings all the way up to 100 bi's
      3. newer players are more likely to tilt since there still aren't used to the massive swings that will happen in these games
  • 1 reply
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey sirlidion,

Thank you for post. Your feedback is always greatly appreciated and we are glad that you took the time to make your concerns be known.

I have flagged this for our education team and they will be with you as soon as they can :)

Have a great Monday,
      Gary