Playnow.com

• WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      Would it be possible to have a forum for Playnow.com?

They are the gov't run online poker site for Manitoba, British Columbia and Quebec (aka lotoquebec.com, or espacejeux.com) in Canada.
  • 8 replies
    • TheMarxBros3
      TheMarxBros3
      Bronze
      Would it be possible to have a forum for Playnow.com?

They are the gov't run online poker site for Manitoba, British Columbia and Quebec (aka lotoquebec.com, or espacejeux.com) in Canada.

If its Government run are you sure you want to be a part of it. Those guys can F-UP the lords prayer.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I don't know if there are any plans to add any new poker rooms. I can check with some of the guys and see what they say though :)

Thank you for your patience,
      Gary
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      As a gov-run, they will probably not work with affiliates. (Correct me if I'm wrong).

In the German forum, we have a similar case with win2day.at, the Austrian gov-run poker room. For it, there's a huge "eternal thread":
      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=282164&page=304
      (Runs since 2008, has >6,000 posts.)

If run well by the community & moderators, a big thread can potentially be better than a separate forum!
    • wasy8
      wasy8
      Black
      There are very few of us Canadians that actually post regularly on PS, and even fewer that would play on playnow. You might be the only PS member playing on playnow, lol.
    • WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wasy8
      There are very few of us Canadians that actually post regularly on PS, and even fewer that would play on playnow. You might be the only PS member playing on playnow, lol.
      There's only one way to find out for sure.
    • WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Xantos
      As a gov-run, they will probably not work with affiliates. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
      I agree, but they wouldn't have to work with affiliates to have a forum here.
    • WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey guys,

I don't know if there are any plans to add any new poker rooms. I can check with some of the guys and see what they say though :)

Thank you for your patience,
      Gary
      Thanks Gary.
    • Xantos
      Xantos
      Bronze
      Originally posted by WpgJets
      Originally posted by Xantos
      I agree, but they wouldn't have to work with affiliates to have a forum here.
      Not directly, but indirectly, it contributes to the decision.

Just some info:
      - about 10% of our German community come from Austria
      - Austria has the win2day platform only for Austrians (comparable to Playnow for Canadians)
      - win2day thread actually has 300 pages, 6k posts, 380k hits - and still we didn't create a forum for it (because the thread just works)

Now on Playnow:
      - less than 10% of our English community are Canadian
      - we don't even have a bigger thread for playnow
      -> thus, it's unlikely we would create a forum for it

Hence my suggestion to create a good, big thread about it in the General Poker Discussions. This might already be sufficient - or in the case of a huge success be the precursor to a forum.

Best,
      Lutz