This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - AQ: tptk 3bet pot

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      22/20
      82% fold bb vs steal
      8.7% 3bet (14% vs bu)
      15% vs bu
      4.8 af
      81% cbet flop 3bet pot
      47% cbet turn 3bp
      57% cbet river 3bp
      50k hands

Hands are from datamine, but im sure i have some k hands played against him because we are always at the tables. So i think that big 3bet vs me its real (hero is folding above the average to 3bets)
      Any read to this spot anyway, i think he is good and not giving away many reads. I I think he normally bets 2/3 in 3bet pots flop.

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $34.94 (69.9 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $62.33 (124.7 bb)
      SB: $77.10 (154.2 bb)
      BB: $52.56 (105.1 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q A
      CO folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $2.75

Flop: ($8.25) Q 3 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $5.87, Hero calls $5.87

Turn: ($19.99) 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $14.22, Hero ....

I dont think he will completely ignore balance in sizes, but here i believe we will be strong most of the time because my hand look like Qx, and i think he wont bet that strong to make me fold second pair.
      Should i play standard and call twice (at least) anyway?
  • 2 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      With this size he kinda ruins his chances to triple barrel cause he would have to shove ~26$ in 48$ which is a bit awkward.

Anyways I'm not folding tptk in 3bet pot, and my standard in this spot with this info is to call 3 times, not twice. Call turn, call or shove vs missed river and make a note.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by double2
      With this size he kinda ruins his chances to triple barrel cause he would have to shove ~26$ in 48$ which is a bit awkward.

Anyways I'm not folding tptk in 3bet pot, and my standard in this spot with this info is to call 3 times, not twice. Call turn, call or shove vs missed river and make a note.
      +1

I'd actually look at just shipping the turn given how the stacks will be on the river.

And I doubt our range is only Qx when we call the flop. Our hand can be anything from 7x to Qx and even some draws that we dont raise flop with.