UTG ($3.23) 162bb
      UTG+1 ($2.94) 147bb
      CO ($1.31) 66bb
      BTN ($2.23) 112bb
      Hero (SB) ($1.09) 55bb
      BB ($4) 200bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is SB 5:diamond: 5:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.07, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 1 fold

Flop: 10:club: 5:heart: 2:heart: ($0.16, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10

Turn: 2:spade: ($0.36, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, UTG calls $0.24

River: 9:club: ($0.84, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $0.68, UTG calls $0.68

My line ok?
      Bet sizes ok?
  • 7 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Easy fold preflop. Having this stack size, we can't really call for set mining here.

I don't like donking the flop here. This way, we don't give him the opportunity to bluff, so I would check/raise.

As played on the flop, turn and river are good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Easy fold preflop. Having this stack size, we can't really call for set mining here.

I don't like donking the flop here. This way, we don't give him the opportunity to bluff, so I would check/raise.

As played on the flop, turn and river are good.

Best,
      Plamen
      What do you mean by set mine?
      If i fold all small pocket pairs then which hands i can play?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Set mining is calling with the intention to continue postflop only if we hit the set.

We could raise here something like 88+, AJs+, AQ+. Playing according to MSS we should be less inclined to call in these spots.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Set mining is calling with the intention to continue postflop only if we hit the set.

We could raise here something like 88+, AJs+, AQ+. Playing according to MSS we should be less inclined to call in these spots.
      But my range should change a little depending on opponents right? Which factors should i look? Its really hard to grasp all this info at once.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Of course your range should be changed based on the different opponents.

In these spots you should be aware off:
      First - his PFR from the exact position and his overall PFR. (Warning: if you don't have big enough sample you should be more aware on the overall PFR than the position since we can't really expect a 14/12 guy over 100 hands to raise 30% on UTG, right).
      Second - his fold to 3bet - does he folds to 3bet a lot, and if not - does he calls or 4bets more? If he folds a lot we could start 3betting him as a bluff more often, but if he seems to defend his blinds we should only stick to the value range.
      Third - his postflop tendencies. If we do spot something weird in his postflop play that might be exploited we could go for a call and exploit it. For example if he cbets a lot of the flop but check/folds a lot on the turn then we could call preflop and flop and take the pot on the turn.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Of course your range should be changed based on the different opponents.

In these spots you should be aware off:
      First - his PFR from the exact position and his overall PFR. (Warning: if you don't have big enough sample you should be more aware on the overall PFR than the position since we can't really expect a 14/12 guy over 100 hands to raise 30% on UTG, right).
      Second - his fold to 3bet - does he folds to 3bet a lot, and if not - does he calls or 4bets more? If he folds a lot we could start 3betting him as a bluff more often, but if he seems to defend his blinds we should only stick to the value range.
      Third - his postflop tendencies. If we do spot something weird in his postflop play that might be exploited we could go for a call and exploit it. For example if he cbets a lot of the flop but check/folds a lot on the turn then we could call preflop and flop and take the pot on the turn.
      This was really useful, this is one of the reasons why i love this site and forum. Big help thank you very much!
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I'm glad to hear that you like our work.

Keep up trying to learn new things and GL at the tables.