This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 : 55

• Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($3.23) 162bb
      UTG+1 ($2.94) 147bb
      CO ($1.31) 66bb
      BTN ($2.23) 112bb
      Hero (SB) ($1.09) 55bb
      BB ($4) 200bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.03, 6 players) Hero is SB 5:diamond: 5:spade:
      UTG raises to $0.07, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.06, 1 fold

Flop: 10:club: 5:heart: 2:heart: ($0.16, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, UTG calls $0.10

Turn: 2:spade: ($0.36, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, UTG calls $0.24

River: 9:club: ($0.84, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in $0.68, UTG calls $0.68

My line ok?
      Bet sizes ok?
  • 7 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Easy fold preflop. Having this stack size, we can't really call for set mining here.

I don't like donking the flop here. This way, we don't give him the opportunity to bluff, so I would check/raise.

As played on the flop, turn and river are good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Easy fold preflop. Having this stack size, we can't really call for set mining here.

I don't like donking the flop here. This way, we don't give him the opportunity to bluff, so I would check/raise.

As played on the flop, turn and river are good.

Best,
      Plamen
      What do you mean by set mine?
      If i fold all small pocket pairs then which hands i can play?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Set mining is calling with the intention to continue postflop only if we hit the set.

We could raise here something like 88+, AJs+, AQ+. Playing according to MSS we should be less inclined to call in these spots.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Set mining is calling with the intention to continue postflop only if we hit the set.

We could raise here something like 88+, AJs+, AQ+. Playing according to MSS we should be less inclined to call in these spots.
      But my range should change a little depending on opponents right? Which factors should i look? Its really hard to grasp all this info at once.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Of course your range should be changed based on the different opponents.

In these spots you should be aware off:
      First - his PFR from the exact position and his overall PFR. (Warning: if you don't have big enough sample you should be more aware on the overall PFR than the position since we can't really expect a 14/12 guy over 100 hands to raise 30% on UTG, right).
      Second - his fold to 3bet - does he folds to 3bet a lot, and if not - does he calls or 4bets more? If he folds a lot we could start 3betting him as a bluff more often, but if he seems to defend his blinds we should only stick to the value range.
      Third - his postflop tendencies. If we do spot something weird in his postflop play that might be exploited we could go for a call and exploit it. For example if he cbets a lot of the flop but check/folds a lot on the turn then we could call preflop and flop and take the pot on the turn.
    • Cuvash
      Cuvash
      Bronze
      Of course your range should be changed based on the different opponents.

In these spots you should be aware off:
      First - his PFR from the exact position and his overall PFR. (Warning: if you don't have big enough sample you should be more aware on the overall PFR than the position since we can't really expect a 14/12 guy over 100 hands to raise 30% on UTG, right).
      Second - his fold to 3bet - does he folds to 3bet a lot, and if not - does he calls or 4bets more? If he folds a lot we could start 3betting him as a bluff more often, but if he seems to defend his blinds we should only stick to the value range.
      Third - his postflop tendencies. If we do spot something weird in his postflop play that might be exploited we could go for a call and exploit it. For example if he cbets a lot of the flop but check/folds a lot on the turn then we could call preflop and flop and take the pot on the turn.
      This was really useful, this is one of the reasons why i love this site and forum. Big help thank you very much!
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I'm glad to hear that you like our work.

Keep up trying to learn new things and GL at the tables.