This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - T6s: vs missed cbet ip

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      22/16
      34% steal sb
      48% cbet flop
      68% skip cbet/fold flop
      26% wtsd
      7k hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $52.40 (104.8 bb)
      MP: $29.50 (59 bb)
      CO: $19.25 (38.5 bb)
      BTN: $19.44 (38.9 bb)
      SB: $49.42 (98.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T 6
      3 folds, SB raises to $1, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2) J 6 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.25, SB calls $1.25

Turn: ($4.50) 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3, SB calls $3

River: ($10.50) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero ?

Bet again? Flop and turn im turning my hand into bluff.
  • 2 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Betting flop is fine to protect our equity. Betting turn doesn't make sense unless you're planning on turning into bluff by betting river too. I would chk back turn and evaluate river, probably folding if he bets.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lunitis,

While he folds a lot after he skips a cbet i think that he will most likely play a lot more check call in a BvB scenario. Since he only minraised preflop I think his range is really wide and his line looks like a "pot control" line where he probably has a weaker pair that will rarely ever fold even to 3-barrels.

So with that being said I'd try to check it down after the flop because I doubt we have value in bets. One line we can toy with if he proves to be a guy that ck/calls 3-streets for pot control is to take away his pot control by betting a lot larger and using overbets. However we'd have to do that with both value and bluffs and our bluffs should at least have more equity (like backdoors).