[NL2-NL10] Nl2 K7

    • prime333
      prime333
      Basic
      Joined: 14.05.2012 Posts: 400
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

      MP: 75 BB
      CO: 81 BB
      BTN: 71.5 BB
      SB: 83 BB
      Hero (BB): 128.5 BB
      UTG: 155 BB

      SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

      Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:diamond: K:diamond:

      fold, fold, fold, BTN calls 1 BB, SB calls 0.5 BB, Hero checks

      Flop: (3 BB, 3 players) 9:diamond: A:spade: T:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, SB calls 2 BB

      Semi bluff

      Turn: (9 BB, 3 players) 3:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 3 BB, SB calls 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

      I'm playing for pot control now it's very clear someone has Ax here. Ax isn't folding here ever so I'm playing for pot control.

      River: (18 BB, 3 players) A:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 5 BB, SB calls 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

      Got there sort of though villian might have a full house I didn't think he had A9 or A10 because he would have raised the flop he could have A3 here better to play it safe than go broke.


      BTN shows A:club: J:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Aces) (Pre 42%, Flop 50%, Turn 71%)
      Hero shows 7:diamond: K:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 31%, Flop 37%, Turn 19%)
      SB mucks T:spade: 8:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (Pre 27%, Flop 13%, Turn 10%)
      Hero wins 32 BB
  • 1 reply
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Joined: 17.01.2011 Posts: 6,858
      checking preflop is fine.

      Originally posted by prime333
      Flop: (3 BB, 3 players) 9:diamond: A:spade: T:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 2 BB, BTN calls 2 BB, SB calls 2 BB

      Semi bluff
      we have a fairly good draw but this is not the best board ever to stab as it's well connected, Ax/Tx/any broadways/flushdraws/87 are likely to be in their range and continue.
      not a huge mistake though as our flush outs are likely to be live and the K might be good sometimes.

      Originally posted by prime333
      Turn: (9 BB, 3 players) 3:club:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 3 BB, SB calls 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB

      I'm playing for pot control now it's very clear someone has Ax here. Ax isn't folding here ever so I'm playing for pot control.
      well played.
      you are right in that we should have no fold equity on the turn and that it's quite likely that at least one of them has Ax.
      what you really mean is that it's a check/reevaluate, check and call if the odds are good enough. they definitely are in this case.

      Originally posted by prime333
      River: (18 BB, 3 players) A:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets 5 BB, SB calls 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

      Got there sort of though villian might have a full house I didn't think he had A9 or A10 because he would have raised the flop he could have A3 here better to play it safe than go broke.
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
      now, this river thinking IS a huge mistake. you can't just be afraid of the nuts evey time.

      i'd just bet myself, and bet big, close to pot size even.
      they are likely to not fold Ax and they definitely are not folding lower flushes.

      so, what to do if someone raises?
      first of all, that RARELY will happen, specially if you bet big. if it actually happens, though, then it's a bit of a meh spot, but i'm most likely not folding.

      as you pointed out yourself, they would probably have raised before with two pairs or better, so when they raise the river they should be more weighted towards flushes.
      that said, there IS some possibility that they might have made some retarded fish slowplay so i don't think i wouldn't play for stacks without further reads, it's just a limped pot after all.

      bottom line -> BET YOURSELF, call a normal sized raise if it happens