This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 K9o 17-03-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      MP: $0.73 (14.6 bb)
      CO: $1.38 (27.6 bb)
      BTN: $1.07 (21.4 bb)
      SB: $1.12 (22.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K 9
      4 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10) 8 2 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.46) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

River: ($1.06) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hi,

I assume villain is a fish by the way he played 60/0 5 hands.

Preflop:
      I don't want to much action against a fish who could hit any two, I might be ahead of his range and could raise, but chose not to as K9o is low on my list of hands to play :)

Flop:
      He minraises, it could mean many things but I usually take it as a weakness, which might be flawed.
      I reraise as I have TPGK, and still asume he is a fish, he could be on a draw, or weaker to same pair.

Turn:
      When he checks I think I have to bet again, if he has an 8 he will show me, so it was a b/f

River:
      I don't think I can bet anymore, he could have called me with a draw, and he gives me a chance to see what he had.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I think we can raise here, and considering his stack I'd raise to 3bb here.

On the flop, having top pair, I think raising here is fine.

As played, betting the turn is mandatory here, but we can never bet/fold considering the stack sizes.

On the river I think we have to shove here. We have around 1/2 pot bet left, and he is probably calling with any pair here.

Best,
      Plamen