[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 K9o 17-03-13 (speed)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      MP: $0.73 (14.6 bb)
      CO: $1.38 (27.6 bb)
      BTN: $1.07 (21.4 bb)
      SB: $1.12 (22.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K 9
      4 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.10) 8 2 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.13

Turn: ($0.46) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.30, SB calls $0.30

River: ($1.06) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Hi,

I assume villain is a fish by the way he played 60/0 5 hands.

Preflop:
      I don't want to much action against a fish who could hit any two, I might be ahead of his range and could raise, but chose not to as K9o is low on my list of hands to play :)

Flop:
      He minraises, it could mean many things but I usually take it as a weakness, which might be flawed.
      I reraise as I have TPGK, and still asume he is a fish, he could be on a draw, or weaker to same pair.

Turn:
      When he checks I think I have to bet again, if he has an 8 he will show me, so it was a b/f

River:
      I don't think I can bet anymore, he could have called me with a draw, and he gives me a chance to see what he had.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I think we can raise here, and considering his stack I'd raise to 3bb here.

On the flop, having top pair, I think raising here is fine.

As played, betting the turn is mandatory here, but we can never bet/fold considering the stack sizes.

On the river I think we have to shove here. We have around 1/2 pot bet left, and he is probably calling with any pair here.

Best,
      Plamen