Hypers Gonna Hyper: Your lowest run below EV in a single game?

• hendo2000
      hendo2000
      Bronze
      Had an extremely entertaining game where I ended up with this little gem in my HEM database (ignore the bottom one, couldn't filter out the hands from it):

Not whining, I know how swingy HU hypers are, just thought it was funny to run slightly more than 3 BI under in a single game :P

So that got me thinking: loads of players on this site play hypers. Some grind them for a living no doubt. So surely there'll be some people who've had even worse runs in a single game!

So yeah: what is the biggest difference you've ever had between your winnings and your EV in a single SnG?
  • 6 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      five billion buyins
    • Darkyd10
      Darkyd10
      Bronze
      lol today im 200$ below ev on 50 games so what. itll happen. ur posting 1 tournament cmon man, ppl have downswings of hundreds some even thousands according to ur winrate. ur mad about 2? go play tetris then

for the dif btw winning and ev the max will always be the max poss if u play enuf games. so any player who plays poker for a living will have experienced the max variance or close to it

the hypers are swingy so ive heard. even pros have to jump up and down limits unless running a 1000 bi roll
    • hendo2000
      hendo2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Darkyd10
      lol today im 200$ below ev on 50 games so what. itll happen. ur posting 1 tournament cmon man, ppl have downswings of hundreds some even thousands according to ur winrate. ur mad about 2? go play tetris then

for the dif btw winning and ev the max will always be the max poss if u play enuf games. so any player who plays poker for a living will have experienced the max variance or close to it

the hypers are swingy so ive heard. even pros have to jump up and down limits unless running a 1000 bi roll
      I said in the OP that I wasn't whining, just curious about how much people have run below EV in a single game, hence why I made the thread ?( No need to berate me just for asking others to share similar funny experiences.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      I have never run below EV in a "hyper" :facepalm:
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze

You obviously didn't actually read the post.

@OP: I think I managed 3BI under in a single game once before, it's hilarious when it happens. My guess (what happened to me) is that you absolutely crushed him in non showdown and made him fold a ton, then he just won every 60/40, 70/30 and 50/50 when he got down to like <200 chips :D
    • hendo2000
      hendo2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Wriggers

You obviously didn't actually read the post.

@OP: I think I managed 3BI under in a single game once before, it's hilarious when it happens. My guess (what happened to me) is that you absolutely crushed him in non showdown and made him fold a ton, then he just won every 60/40, 70/30 and 50/50 when he got down to like <200 chips :D
      Cheers mate, you've got the idea :D

Yeah it was pretty much like that, I was pretty much in the zone with regard to how he was playing and I kept whittling his stack down in both sd and non-sd pots, then I'd get it in 60+% favourite, I'd lose and we'd be back to starting stacks :P Finally he managed to get me with a monster like my 2p vs his set or something like that. It was genuinely a funny game though :f_biggrin: