[NL20-NL50] NL50 - Obliged turncall?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

I do not know how villain plays. He seems non-fishy over 15 hands.

Vs aggro regs KTs goes into my callingrange most likely but vs more unknown guys I rather 4bet bluff. What about the deepness? Is this an argument for making the call preflop?

Now on the flop I don't see value in betting.

On the turn, what to do? His sizing is strong and he won't give up on the river in case he is bluffing with some QJs or 89s right? He still has a lot of AXs in his range I think. I do not know wheter people turn hands like JJ/TT into bluff but I don't think so.

So could we make a turnfold or is that too exploitable?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2145482
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $112.24
      SB: $119.93
      BB: $133.69
      UTG: $52.17
      MP: $73.84
      CO: $51.76

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K :club: T :club:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB raises to $4, 1 fold, Hero raises to $9.50, SB calls $5.50

Flop: ($19.50) K :diamond: 3 :heart: A :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($19.50) A :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $12.50, Hero calls $12.50

River: ($44.50) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $29.50, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

This deep you will get called a lot more when you 4-bet so I'd just look at calling his 3-bet and playing IP. Sure we play a bit of a dominated hand but we have position and a suited broadway (and we don't need to go broke with Kx vs unknown).

As played go back to what you think your hand looks like and what villain can actually bet with. I doubt that many people will bet turn without betting river so unless we plan to call down just fold the turn. It looks weak but it saves us a lot of money because i think we will face a bet on the river 9/10 times and we plan to fold anyway.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Thanks good to hear that! :) . I thought we were to exploitable if we fold our hand on the turn but actually we aren't. I probably check AQ and AA some % of the time which protects our range. I think I would cbet if I had air like QTs.

Also agree about PF.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Thanks good to hear that! :) . I thought we were to exploitable if we fold our hand on the turn but actually we aren't. I probably check AQ and AA some % of the time which protects our range. I think I would cbet if I had air like QTs.

Also agree about PF.
      We can also check back AK and weak Ax that we 4-bet bluff with so our range should still have plenty of strong hands on the turn.

It's true that we are deep and we'd need to bet 3 streets to get a lot of money in but we can play pot control with a lot of hands that the turn improves.