This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 QQ vs aggro

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hi,

PokerStars - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BTN: $6.65
      Hero (SB): $2.00
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $2.00
      CO: $5.19

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.20, fold, UTG calls $0.14

Flop: ($0.42, 2 players) 6:club: J:spade: J:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($0.42, 2 players) 2:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.26, UTG raises to $0.60, Hero?

This hand.. Villain had very loose stats, vpip about 40, pfr 35. Fold to 3bet 20 %, bet flop vs missed cbet 3/3. He was otherwise aggressive too, bet flop was 9/10, raise flop bet was about 30 %. I tanked out the flop cbet here.

When he doesn't bet the flop ip but snap-checks I think his range is air or Jx. Turn I decide to bet and he insta-raises me. Not that much reads on turn though, seems quite aggressive but not as aggressive as on flop.
  • 2 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Considering his low fold to 3bet I would 3bet bigger - $0.22-$0.24.

So, when we check the flop, the plan is to call down, right?
      When he checks back which seems to me unusual for him, I would get suspicious here so bet/folding the turn looks like a logical option to me. I would expect him to bluff the flop if he had air, not the turn.

Best,
      Plame
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Considering his low fold to 3bet I would 3bet bigger - $0.22-$0.24.

So, when we check the flop, the plan is to call down, right?
      When he checks back which seems to me unusual for him, I would get suspicious here so bet/folding the turn looks like a logical option to me. I would expect him to bluff the flop if he had air, not the turn.

Best,
      Plame
      Letting him barrel seemed like a good option there as he was overly aggressive . And it really got me suspicious when he raised turn, not flop. So guess this was wp, thanks.