[NL20-NL50] NL50 - QQ vs unknown.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

What is your plan here? I think there are merits in both options.

With checking we allow him to start bluffing with floated Ahi's (which had backdoors on the flop). I'm not so scared by the king which probably doesn't help many hands.

But the advantage of betting is that he could call PP's again + I merge my range. Problem is that many players fold PP's to a 2nd barrel on this turn vs my UTG range. Or am I wrong.

The last reason is why I want into check/call mode.

Suddenly he bombs river and was considering calling but well overbets are nuts too much I think and his range is not capped at all. I also have better hands in my range to check/Call with.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2145500
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $53.90
      SB: $52.64
      BB: $42.18
      Hero (UTG): $76.86
      MP: $89.33
      CO: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is UTG with Q :club: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 4 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 7 :diamond: 4 :heart: 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) K :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $6, Hero calls $6

River: ($20.75) J :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $27, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't think you can have that many better hands to ck/call with on the turn (in villains eyes).

If you were in his shoes what range would you expect villain to have? Cbetting flop and ck/calling turn? Very few people, at these limits, ck/call without info hands like Kx and since you are UTG you don't even have many weak Kx in your range (below KT).

So on the river you are facing a super polarized range of 77-44-33-KJs (I won't add JJ because it may not bet turn). That's a total of 11 combos give or take. We need to bet good ~40% with rake included so that means he needs to have at least 7 combos of bluffs. Lots of backdoor flushes can take a line like that and even hands like 55-66 that floated flop with gutshot+pair and turned into a bluff on the turn. Since we are 150 Bb deep he can have lots of weird speculative hands.

So I think that if you play your hand like this you need to look him up on the river some % of the time even UTG vs MP.

However, I would prefer to double barrel there because I doubt people will muck TT type hands on that Kx.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Tyvm! I agree.. Making so many mistakes lately... I'm really playing me Z-game, skillwise and mental wise. My roll went from 4850 to 3500 in like 5K hands :(

What to do with lower pairs like 99 on the turn?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Tyvm! I agree.. Making so many mistakes lately... I'm really playing me Z-game, skillwise and mental wise. My roll went from 4850 to 3500 in like 5K hands :(

With 99 we may have to bluffcatch one-two streets because I doubt we can bet for value there.

You dropped roughly 27 buyins in 5k hands. That's quite a bit. How much of it was due to tilt or you playing a Z13 game?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

With 99 we may have to bluffcatch one-two streets because I doubt we can bet for value there.

You dropped roughly 27 buyins in 5k hands. That's quite a bit. How much of it was due to tilt or you playing a Z13 game?
      ty

Well I lost like 13 BI on NL100 :) .

Dunno if you're interested but this is my graph after 1st feb;

(I guess it's possible it's mostly downswing?)
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze