[NL20-NL50] NL50 - Close turncall

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi!

Villain is unknown.

So on the turn it's close right? I don't rly know. I guess it's fine if we sometimes turn our hand into bluff. He could also semibluff with a lot of hands.

If you think calling is close but just a bit -EV we could maybe raise it up and turn our hand into bluff. All options seem decent to me! Maybe raise 86s :)

(Don't think I can call river)

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2145517
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $67.81
      SB: $50.00
      Hero (BB): $84.49
      UTG: $69.05
      MP: $50.00
      CO: $67.35

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 7 :heart: 8 :heart:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.00) T :spade: 4 :club: 8 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.88, Hero calls $1.88

Turn: ($6.76) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $4.25, Hero calls $4.25

River: ($15.26) 7 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $10, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

So how does our hand look like when we call a smallish bet on a weter flop BvB?

Do we ever have a strong hand?

I would say that we can either call flop (like you did) or raise it as a semibluff and get him to fold his equity in the pot and put pressure on his wide range. We can continue on many turns including spades, high cards and anything in the middle, plus we have 5 outs for 2p+.

As played raising turn would not be a mistake even with this hand unless you plan to call down river as well. We can rep 2p and even straights and we get him to fold his equity in the hand and maybe even a rare better hand (like weaker Tx or 9x) and we can barrel some rivers.

As played what's the worse hand you would call the river with?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hmmm I think 78s is strong enough to flat on this flop, don't u think so?

Now on the turn, do you think a call is -EV? I also think it's fine to bluffraise actually although it's close... So u would lean towards bluffraising?

Good question about the river.. His bet is polarizing, I don't think he has a set or two pair on the river so our hand = TT I guess. So because of that we maybe need to call all 2 pair+?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Hmmm I think 78s is strong enough to flat on this flop, don't u think so?

Now on the turn, do you think a call is -EV? I also think it's fine to bluffraise actually although it's close... So u would lean towards bluffraising?

Good question about the river.. His bet is polarizing, I don't think he has a set or two pair on the river so our hand = TT I guess. So because of that we maybe need to call all 2 pair+?
      Regarding river: I would say yes, especially against a more aggro/wide reg here.

Regarding flop: I did mention that we can take both lines on the flop. 8x is good enough BvB there.

Regarding turn: Raising does make our hand easier to play because generally we scoop the pot up or fold to a shove.