[NL20-NL50] NL50 - Close one v unknown

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys

1st question:
      Any point in donking turn? :) I do think it's fine tbh, we can also balance bluff this way (It's a fine line to bluff)

2nd question:
      River call? Obv we are close to the top of our range here. But his sizing looks valueish and he could still have a lot better hands. I also think that if people check to give up turn they check river too in a lot of cases because 'they gave up'. Where am I wrong?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2145545
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $119.92
      SB: $68.51
      Hero (BB): $50.75
      UTG: $5.77
      MP: $51.50
      CO: $60.86

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with T :club: K :heart:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($3.25) 4 :club: 6 :diamond: K :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2, Hero calls $2

Turn: ($7.25) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($7.25) 5 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4, Hero folds
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I don't mind the donking line but I'd prefer to just check versus unknown. I'd hate to donk and face a raise and then be like ?(

As played how do you think your line looks? You checked 3 streets. Our hand looks rather weak and while he can check back 88 or some 8x I think that he can also attempt to bluff on the half scare card (given our weak line).

I generally agree that "I also think that if people check to give up turn they check river too in a lot of cases because 'they gave up'. " however this is a bit different. Turn is terrible to continue barreling on but the river brings in 4 to a straight so he may try his luck on that with a cheap bluff (again we also played super passive).

The other option we have is to bet river small for thin value versus weak made hands going for pot control on the turn (if we don't expect unknown to bet weak Kx or 2nd pair on turn).