4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($7.27) 73bb
      BTN ($11) 110bb
      DrDunne (SB) ($10) 100bb
      BB ($7.91) 79bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) DrDunne is SB Q:heart: K:spade:
      CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, DrDunne raises to $0.90, 1 fold, CO calls $0.60

Flop: 4:diamond: 2:club: 2:heart: ($1.90, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $1.05, CO calls $1.05

Turn: Q:club: ($4, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO bets $0.90, DrDunne calls $0.90

River: 6:diamond: ($5.80, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO bets $2.21, DrDunne calls $2.21

Final Pot: $10.22
      DrDunne shows
      Q:heart: K:spade:
      CO shows
      3:spade: 2:spade:

CO wins $9.71 (net +$4.65)

DrDunne collects $0.00 (net -$5.06)

villain is relatively unknown but seems bad over a small sample. he seemed quite active over the few hands that i saw and he was taking stabs etc. i decided to 3bet preflop for value vs him because he will call me with worse imo. and this is the bottom of my range for value here.

on the flop i didn't really think much about my cbet so maybe it's not good. once he calls he shows interest, and when i hit on the turn im pretty sure if i keep barreling he'll just end up folding so i decided to check and let him put more money into the pot himself. i'm pretty sure i have the best hand against a range like AJ/AT/QJ/QTs/JJ/TT/99/88/77/66. sure he can have better hands but i decided to just let him bet. not sure if this is a good line but he seemed aggressive enough. i think raising and getting it in isolates myself so i played WA/WB.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      HI DrDunne,

Preflop: looks ok

Postflop: Flop should be ck/fold unless you plan to barrel off the villain. It's a board where we rarely make anything better fold.

You have no sample on him so we can't say he "seemed aggressive". I think it would be a mistake for us to assume that and it looks like we are using that to justify our passive play.

I would much more prefer to cbet turn myself for pure value versus pairs and maybe even Ax. I'd bet a bit less than 1/2 and ship river. With a small bet like that we can get villain to make a lot of mistakes.