This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH KQ 3bet

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($7.27) 73bb
      BTN ($11) 110bb
      DrDunne (SB) ($10) 100bb
      BB ($7.91) 79bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) DrDunne is SB Q:heart: K:spade:
      CO raises to $0.30, 1 fold, DrDunne raises to $0.90, 1 fold, CO calls $0.60

Flop: 4:diamond: 2:club: 2:heart: ($1.90, 2 players)
      DrDunne bets $1.05, CO calls $1.05

Turn: Q:club: ($4, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO bets $0.90, DrDunne calls $0.90

River: 6:diamond: ($5.80, 2 players)
      DrDunne checks, CO bets $2.21, DrDunne calls $2.21

Final Pot: $10.22
      DrDunne shows
      Q:heart: K:spade:
      CO shows
      3:spade: 2:spade:

CO wins $9.71 (net +$4.65)

DrDunne collects $0.00 (net -$5.06)

villain is relatively unknown but seems bad over a small sample. he seemed quite active over the few hands that i saw and he was taking stabs etc. i decided to 3bet preflop for value vs him because he will call me with worse imo. and this is the bottom of my range for value here.

on the flop i didn't really think much about my cbet so maybe it's not good. once he calls he shows interest, and when i hit on the turn im pretty sure if i keep barreling he'll just end up folding so i decided to check and let him put more money into the pot himself. i'm pretty sure i have the best hand against a range like AJ/AT/QJ/QTs/JJ/TT/99/88/77/66. sure he can have better hands but i decided to just let him bet. not sure if this is a good line but he seemed aggressive enough. i think raising and getting it in isolates myself so i played WA/WB.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      HI DrDunne,

Preflop: looks ok

Postflop: Flop should be ck/fold unless you plan to barrel off the villain. It's a board where we rarely make anything better fold.

You have no sample on him so we can't say he "seemed aggressive". I think it would be a mistake for us to assume that and it looks like we are using that to justify our passive play.

I would much more prefer to cbet turn myself for pure value versus pairs and maybe even Ax. I'd bet a bit less than 1/2 and ship river. With a small bet like that we can get villain to make a lot of mistakes.