[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK utg facing flop c/r

• gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      vs aggressive fish, 28/22/2.6, 3bet 9.8% fold to flop cbet 38%

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (UTG): $11.52 (115.2 bb)
      MP: $10.73 (107.3 bb)
      CO: $8.48 (84.8 bb)
      BTN: $10 (100 bb)
      SB: $13.44 (134.4 bb)
      BB: $10.22 (102.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) 3 9 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB raises to $1.60, Hero raises to $4

His flop range is unbalanced, either a draw which I should make pay, or a set which is possible. if BB calls or raises should I give up?
  • 4 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gavinonymous
      vs aggressive fish, 28/22/2.6, 3bet 9.8% fold to flop cbet 38%
      sample/any reason for you to think that he is a fish? vpip/pfr gap might be a bit wide but it definitely looks more like aggressive reg to me.

His flop range is unbalanced, either a draw which I should make pay, or a set which is possible.
      isn't that balanced though? :P

i think he's pretty strong here.

if it was something like co vs bb i would be more inclined to continue, but as it happened, in this specific spot, just fold.
      you raised from first position, you cbet big and he still comes over the top. that's pretty strong and worst hand i'd expect to see is 8 7 which might not even be on his calling range there.

of course, if it's a fish, then you will find more random draws and maybe TT-JJ which should make you more inclined to stack off, but i don't see why you are assuming that bb is a fish.

if BB calls or raises should I give up?
      that statement implies that he is only continuing with better hands. so why did you 3bet?

also, a spot like this where you want 3bet/fold flop happens pretty much never.
      if you want to continue but don't feel like stacking off, you should just call the c/r and reevaluate next streets. (aka "probably call down on blanks")
    • bmfbpi
      bmfbpi
      Bronze
      If i don't have any reads, i would call and re-eval turn

As played i think 3 bet is not good, because villain only continues with what beats us
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      I just had some reads that he called wide, and was aggressive with his draws and seemed to slowplay the big hands. I didn't want to let him get there, and 3 bet for value against draws. Maybe it was dynamics, and figured I'd been getting run over at the table and wanted to make a statement that I couldn't be pushed off my good hands so much. This seems to be a trend with what I call agressive fish. maybe I shouldn't use the term fish, but monkey.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      he is repping a value range of sets only, but i think that he should have it most often if he isn't just blindly aggressive.

if you feel that he was really out of line, though, i'd prefer to call down. sure it's a bit harder to play, but if he has a bluff heavy range you make it easy for him to give up his random gutters when you 3bet.