€0.05/€0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB = (€12.74)
      BB = (€15.02)
      MP3 (Hero) = (€10.00)
      CO = (€6.15)
      BU = (€5.98)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, A.
      Hero raises to €0.40, 2 folds, SB calls €0.35, BB folds.

Flop: (€0.9) 8, 2, 9 (2 players)
      SB bets €0.60, Hero raises to €1.40, SB raises to €3.00, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: €2.3.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Elda,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Given the flop texture I think that we should raise the flop larger. However once we get 3-bet I would go with the hand. There are many overpairs possible and even TP and draws and I can't see how we can fold AA>

What did we know about villain and what range did you have him on?
    • elda420
      elda420
      Bronze
      I had at most a dozen hands on villain and no real read on them.

I very often run into a set or 2-pair though when I face this line, and I decided for a fold because of the possiblity of a 2-pair with 89s, and the fact there's no face card on the board.

There's a few combo draws I'm ahead of, such as JhQh 5h6h, but I'm also behind of ThJh I believe.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by elda420
      I had at most a dozen hands on villain and no real read on them.

I very often run into a set or 2-pair though when I face this line, and I decided for a fold because of the possiblity of a 2-pair with 89s, and the fact there's no face card on the board.

There's a few combo draws I'm ahead of, such as JhQh 5h6h, but I'm also behind of ThJh I believe.
      89s is only 3 combos. TT-JJ are 12 combos total. Lots of flush draws as well especially since we don't have Ah.

If villain wasn't fishy over the sample we have and we have no reason to believe he is fishy the fold is a bit better although in that case we should just call the flop, not raise it.