This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Taxation Questions - Czech Republic

• rdmnick
      rdmnick
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm from Sweden but I am about to move to Prague and I have a few questions on taxes in Czech Republic.

First of all, let's assume the following, (these numbers are just examples)
      I will stay longer than 6 months in Czech Republic
      I will contact the Swedish Authorities and relocate my address the day I leave Sweden
      I will make 1000€ per month from internet marketing
      I will make another 1000€ per month from playing poker professionaly

Now, how much, and for what exactly do I need to pay taxes?

Internet Marketing without a company, does that count as self-employment? if so, what taxes are associated with this? Social, Income and Medicare taxes? or is it just Income Tax?

With poker winnings, am I required to tax these? I've been told it's a bit of a grey zone and basically no1 pays poker taxes but that's all I know. Might I get in trouble in the future for not declaring my poker winnings?

My plan is to setup a local bank account, withdraw all my poker winnings directly from the pokersite to this bank account without declaring or paying taxes. Then I will withdraw all the internet marketing income from moneybookers to the same bank account, and only pay taxes on the moneybookers income? Or is there a better way of doing this?

to simplify things
      Pokersite 1000€/month - withdraw to CZ bank account.
      Moneybookers (IM) 1000€/month - withdraw to CZ bank account and pay x % taxes on 1000€ every month.
  • 5 replies