BB ($7.40)
      UTG ($3.81)
      UTG+1 ($2.84)
      UTG+2 ($1.60)
      MP1 ($3.19)
      CO ($7.86)
      BTN ($2.86)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, MP1 raises to $0.20, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.18, BB calls $0.16, UTG+1 calls $0.16

FLOP ($0.80) 6:club: J:heart: 7:spade:

Hero bets $0.32, BB calls $0.32, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises to $0.88, Hero folds, BB folds

MP1 wins $1.68

I call my AJs on SB, EP limper is 73/9 over 20 hands and I want him to stay in pot, my hand can hit very strong and 3betting would just make me isolate myself with top range of MP

I think I made a mistake here by not betting stronger...I lead because MP was last to act, and if both guys behind me check, he can just check it and see free card, I bet for value but I think it should have been bigger

After I get raised by MP I give him credit for overpair since it was mway pot and he raised on me and a caller...I feel kinda sad that I didnt calll or use check/call line, since later on I saw he was getting it in with air and plays very loose and agressive...still he was unknown in this situation so I was inclined to fold without reads
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why are you donking so small and then folding with such a hand?

How do you think a 1/3 pot bet looks here? Weak or strong? A lot of regs will just raise you here because you and the fish look really weak.

I would donk 60c and go from there (to isolate the fish).
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      yeah...I dont know what was happening in my head...I think I was afraid that he had overpairs and he will raise me anyway if I donk bigger...I have chosen the worst play, atleast I know for future situations now :)

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by HrabriLavek
      yeah...I dont know what was happening in my head...I think I was afraid that he had overpairs and he will raise me anyway if I donk bigger...I have chosen the worst play, atleast I know for future situations now :)

thanks
      You are welcome.

The worst scenario to put yourself in is one where you have to guess a lot and one where you induce villain to do crazy things without a good plan (like here).