Villains:
      27/22/140h openraising reg. 29% MP open
      Coldcaller is unknown, has 3 entries.

So without fish to isolate my PF plan would be;
      Sqz KJo, KQo, ATo and AJo as a bluff
      Call most suited broadways, AQo.
      Value: AK, JJ+

Fine?

Now flop... Should we just CB our whole range on the flop for 40% pot?

As played turn: Any point in leading and avoiding we miss value from KQ/AK? Or is this line too strong (esspecially 3 way)

River, same question as on the turn. Should we lead and avoid he's checking KQ behind?

Now I was considering shoving ofc but I think he COULD just check KQ on the river and if he bets he can still fold to my shove which has to be strong here.

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2146591
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $62.69
      SB: $31.61
      Hero (BB): $59.75
      UTG: $127.55
      MP: $55.33
      CO: $70.87

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with K :club: J :spade:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6, MP calls $4.50, CO calls $4.50

Flop: ($18.25) K :diamond: 5 :club: 5 :spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $7.50, CO calls $7.50, Hero calls $7.50

Turn: ($40.75) J :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO bets $9, Hero calls $9, MP folds

River: ($58.75) 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $20.50, Hero calls $20.50
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Farma,

If 29% was actually his standard, I would 3bet way more than that.. Add suited gappers you find to weak to call with to your range. I would also consider sqz with AQo.. it's just not a great multiway hand and plays well in a 3bet pot vs a call plus you dont get 4bet out of the hand.

Cbetting is hard to put a definitive answer. Against regulars you can consider cbetting 1/3 pot here imo with just about all your range but don't expect many folds. Basically the plan is more to induce light calls and raises that fold later to action while also keeping a nice price for the bluffs in our range (we do get some folds as well ofc).

As played, I like check/shoving turn because of reasons. :f_biggrin: JK, because of what you also stated: he might not vbet enough hands on river plus he prob won't bluff either, his line looks like thin value to me.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Isn't checck/shove 3way on the turn too strong?

Luckily I lost the minimum vs 55 hehehe
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Isn't checck/shove 3way on the turn too strong?

Luckily I lost the minimum vs 55 hehehe
      You can't really look weak when you put in so much money into the pot imo. :) What you want to avoid is them folding rivers with worse hands that would've gotten it all in on the turn.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Do u think he stacks off with KQ/AK on the turn? Or just because u assume he's a poor player cause he's making silly bets?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Do u think he stacks off with KQ/AK on the turn? Or just because u assume he's a poor player cause he's making silly bets?

Cold call/cold call is not a sign of a good player most often, especially vs MP. Then his bet sizing is indeed quite silly. On the flop he can float many middle pairs and now he bets for sort of free showdown. The small bets often cause people to overestimate their inducing potential and snap call it off because 'they've induced a raise'.

Calling is still good but I do think KQ never folds there so you are left with 2 combos of hands that beat you usually... JJ and 55.. if we add A5s there are 4 combos that beat you. There are more combos of KQ. It depends a lot on how you are perceived here imo. My line would be to shove turn otherwise, just check/call river again. River raises look to strong for others as well imo.