I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.

• Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Ladies and Gentlemen.

Rihard here launching brand new blog. :)

After having huge bankroll and mental roller coaster I took a break from poker for nearly a week. I decided to start a new blog, to have a fresh start so to speak, because the old blog would bring some memories that I don't to really... And I don't want to think about past results, because this is the new start right? :f_grin:

New blog, new results.

So recently I looked at this video here: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/video/25155/.

After watching I felt that I realised what kind of mistakes I've done in the past, and I will try my best no to make them again! :f_eek:

I decided to keep playing on PokerStars after all, I tried couple of platforms but it seems that I've been used to PokerStars too much and the volume is massive over there that no other site can compare to it. But it means that I cannot earn any Strategy Points, so no Black Member dream for me. :f_frown:

I starting bankroll will be $10.59. And hopefully I will be able to make quite a roll of it. :f_p:

I am going to stick to 6-max Zoom, NL2 (obviously). I am going to play 2 tables at the beginning, and then going add extra 2 tables once my BR will be appropriate.

I have played a little session today:

I have decided to remove EV line and non/showdown lines to focus only on the sweet green line which is imo the most important one. As long as it is going up, I am happy.

As well I would like to put into my blog. I am looking for mentoring from somebody who is playing higher stakes. Someone who would like to help me to work on my mental game and help crush the micros. Obviously at the moment I can't really offer any rewards for the help based on my BR and the limit I am going to play. But if anyone can, I will appreciate the support. If nobody wants to, I don't mind. I do know that life isn't charity support. :f_biggrin:

I will post some goals in couple of days once I get enough time. I will have to spend a lot of time on studies this week, as I have to hand-in two courseworks next week on the same day. :f_confused:

Well good luck to me.

Best Regards,

Rihard
  • 66 replies
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Looking forward to following your new blog, like the last one :) I'm also just trying to get back into cash game again, although I'm playing FR. But I hope you will succeed with you goals! :)

And btw even if you fail 100 time you don't succeed unless you try one more time! Everybody can succeed it just comes down to how hard you are willing to work at it

• Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      Looking forward to following your new blog, like the last one :) I'm also just trying to get back into cash game again, although I'm playing FR. But I hope you will succeed with you goals! :)

And btw even if you fail 100 time you don't succeed unless you try one more time! Everybody can succeed it just comes down to how hard you are willing to work at it

Thank you, sir! And I wish you luck too. :f_grin: May the variance be on your side. :f_cool:
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      I am having quite a lot of these spots, and I'm not quite sure how to respond to such flop lines. What would you do?

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.82 (141 bb)
      SB: $2 (100 bb)
      Hero (BB): $2 (100 bb)
      UTG: $2.06 (103 bb)
      MP: $4.80 (240 bb)
      CO: $0.96 (48 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q K
      4 folds, SB raises to $0.06, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.36) T Q 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.20, SB raises to $0.46, Hero calls $0.26

Turn: ($1.28) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.88, Hero folds

Results:
      $1.28 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: T Q 6 6
      SB mucked and won $1.24 ($0.60 net)
      Hero mucked Q K and lost (-$0.64 net)
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hey Rihard!

Sounds like you found some new energy! Keep it up and you'll be back with a nice BR in no time.

About the hand: post it! But this is my opinion.

Pre: I don't like 3betting tbh. People open way to often in the SB but if you 3b you're going to isolate yourself vs a tighter and better range.

Flop: although we have TP and the 2nd nutflushdraw I think it's still a fold. Is he going to raise with the J? I think you'll run into the A very often here.

You might be good though but I rather take the line with the least amount of variance.

Good luck on this 2nd journey!

RasTweet
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Pre: I don't like 3betting tbh. People open way to often in the SB but if you 3b you're going to isolate yourself vs a tighter and better range.

Flop: although we have TP and the 2nd nutflushdraw I think it's still a fold.
      This

Gl dude!
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Hey Rihard!

Sounds like you found some new energy! Keep it up and you'll be back with a nice BR in no time.

Flop: although we have TP and the 2nd nutflushdraw I think it's still a fold. Is he going to raise with the J? I think you'll run into the A very often here.

You might be good though but I rather take the line with the least amount of variance.

RasTweet
      on the hands: Coach thinks otherwise. :f_confused: KsQd in the BB, blinds battle

And yeah, after the break I have gained some new motivation, and settled my mindset a little bit. But I still think that if I find some mentor who could guide me through the stakes, my results will rise significantly.

Thanks Ras! :f_grin:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Rihard4a
      Hey Rihard!

RasTweet
      on the hands: Coach thinks otherwise. :f_confused: KsQd in the BB, blinds battle

And yeah, after the break I have gained some new motivation, and settled my mindset a little bit. But I still think that if I find some mentor who could guide me through the stakes, my results will rise significantly.

Thanks Ras! :f_grin:
      I also think folding the flop is pretty bad, the only hands we are way behind is AsQx, AsAx and an already made flush where we might have outs anyway. Against the rest of his hands we are in pretty good, so I would probably also go broke on that flop.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      It was my opinion, I just don't know how many worse x are going to raise. But it's nl2 so you might be good.

I'm just an nl10 player so I'm not sure if I'd be a good mentor for you, but I'm sure that you'll find someone!

RasTweet
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      yeah just jam it over his weird raise (which, im doesnt indicate sets and nl2 people in my experience tend to slowplay to death..) even if he has all sets and flushes in his range, addin 2p hands, AQ, KQ, pair+fd hands, i think u should be about 40% dog here, so considering the money in the pot already and some fold equity, id jam this otf
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      It was my opinion, I just don't know how many worse x are going to raise. But it's nl2 so you might be good.

I'm just an nl10 player so I'm not sure if I'd be a good mentor for you, but I'm sure that you'll find someone!

RasTweet
      It really doesn't matter if he got the As, because even though he has a better draw we still have about 60% against him, so we should be more than happy to get it in against that.
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Opinion:

Thanks for the comments. I have been went through this hand in my head and thought your suggestions, and in my opinion it is very debatable about line taking at such limit, and as well on Zoom poker. Even though there is plenty of fish, they still almost never spaz with top pair hands, usually they are in check/call mode, but is my experience. So it is very debatable, yes of course I have seen people going crazy there with top pair no kicker hands, so...

I think calling min raise on the flop isn't bad, I get good odds to call and re-evaluate on the turn, but the jam would be also effective on the flop. At this point my BR is short, so I think my line was good in terms of variance as Ras did point out. I don't want to spew one full stack with marginal hand. :f_grin:

Update:

Going pretty steady. Had couple of sessions this week.

BR: $15.07

Graph:

I keep playing my standard TAG style.

For this sample I have:

VPIP: 22.8
      PFR: 20.3
      3bet: 5.53
      Cbet Flop: 84.2
      12.7bb/100 (this sample).

Best Regards,

Rihard
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      My motivation is again dropping. I can't get my monsters payed off really.

Hero: flops set.
      Villain: folds.

Hero: Flops TPTK.
      Villain: check-raises.
      Hero: Folds.

Just a big loop. :f_biggrin:

I don't see the point playing at all. Getting payed off very rarely, I fold more because I am often behind with okish hands.

:f_confused:

I applied for staking/coaching deal, and if I get approved I might continue grinding with motivation as it will be new experience, if not... then idk. :D
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      I have some free time later so if you want me to do a session review export the hands and send them on skype
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Msged you on skype.
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      I am no coach by any means but its apparent you could do a boost, The big issue IMO is that you play underolled..TPTK is quite good in NL2 but you fold because you run so low BR. in NL2 its not too rare to havefish CR with bottom pair or any draws...just playthe cards in NL2 the villains rarely have any skillsto put youon anything or level you at all..so just play the cards and go with the flow. You beat the smallest games once already.

You already had holme helping youwith HHs..so dunno..PM me or somethin if you wanna discuss etc. With the help around in PS its quite depressing to see someone go on such a bad modd over small beat
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      Originally posted by xxInspectorxx
      I am no coach by any means but its apparent you could do a boost, The big issue IMO is that you play underolled..TPTK is quite good in NL2 but you fold because you run so low BR. in NL2 its not too rare to havefish CR with bottom pair or any draws...just playthe cards in NL2 the villains rarely have any skillsto put youon anything or level you at all..so just play the cards and go with the flow. You beat the smallest games once already.

You already had holme helping youwith HHs..so dunno..PM me or somethin if you wanna discuss etc. With the help around in PS its quite depressing to see someone go on such a bad modd over small beat
      I beating the limit, and was folding quite a lot TPTK on Zoom someone raises me. Why? Because most of the time they have set/two pair.

Even pleno1 says that on micro stakes with TPTK bet until raised and then fold, that the best strategy.

I'm pretty sure that on normal tables TPTK is very good against many player types, but Zoom is completely different beast. You are lucky if you have 22% players coming to the flop on NL2 and the % is getting smaller each time you move stakes. NL10 has like 13% on average. :f_eek:
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold

Hero (BTN): $3.99 (199.5 bb)
      SB: $0.74 (37 bb)
      BB: $2.04 (102 bb)
      UTG: $1.06 (53 bb)
      MP: $2 (100 bb)
      CO: $2 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 4:club: 4:diamond:
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.06, SB folds, BB calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.13) J:heart: 9:heart: 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.10, BB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.33) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.25, BB calls $0.25

River: ($0.83) 8:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets $1.63 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results: $0.83 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Final Board: J:heart: 9:heart: 4:heart: Q:diamond: 8:heart:
      Hero mucked 4:club: 4:diamond: and lost (-$0.41 net)
      BB mucked and won $0.80 ($0.39 net)

River :coolface:
    • xxInspectorxx
      xxInspectorxx
      Bronze
      There are also so many dummies on NL2 zoom that they play all Ax hands the same way. A=win.. :D

well GL and don't quit!
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold

BTN: $0.84 (42 bb)
      SB: $1.49 (74.5 bb)
      BB: $4 (200 bb)
      UTG: $2.91 (145.5 bb)
      Hero (MP): $4.10 (205 bb)
      CO: $1.91 (95.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q:diamond: Q:heart:
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.06, CO calls $0.06, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.15) 3:heart: T:heart: K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.09, CO calls $0.09

Turn: ($0.33) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.21, CO calls $0.21

River: ($0.75) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.43, CO raises to $1.55, Hero folds

Results: $1.61 pot ($0.06 rake)
      Final Board: 3:heart: T:heart: K:diamond: T:club: 4:spade:
      Hero mucked Q:diamond: Q:heart: and lost (-$0.79 net)
      CO mucked and won $1.55 ($0.76 net)