[NL20-NL50] NL20 AKo in 3b pot OOP

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      Prima, $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $20 (100 bb)
      MP: $21.93 (109.7 bb)
      CO: $29.07 (145.4 bb)
      BTN: $14.43 (72.1 bb)
      SB: $37.88 (189.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:spade: A:club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.80, BTN calls $1.20

Flop: ($3.70) 6:spade: 2:club: 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($3.70) 7:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.58, Hero calls $2.58

River: ($8.86) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.43, Hero folds

Results: $8.86 pot ($0.44 rake)
      Final Board: 6:spade: 2:club: 2:heart: 7:diamond: 8:club:
      Hero mucked K:spade: A:club: and lost (-$4.38 net)
      BTN mucked and won $8.42 ($4.04 net)

Unknown.

On this flop, i decided to start with ch/c. If i bet he won`t fold a better hand and even if he calls me with worse, he might bluff me on the turn.

After he checked the flop, i think he can sometimes have a pair but i guess he will often bet the flop, so i decided to call the turn.

On the river? I don`t think this line is a bluff often?
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre flop - 3bet for value is fine.

Flop - I think we can cb here like 2 dollars. We don't need better hands to fold for us to be profitable. Folding out hands like A5 QJ TJ is fine too and them calling isn't too bad we get value also. By betting small we also set up the chance to bluff on turn and river if TJQ comes.

Turn - they could bet here with over cards so ill bluffcatch.

River - they don't usually bluff on the river however his story is inconsistent. Either he as 99-TT or he's betting with 89 or 9T, or slow played overpair or bluff. With our weak check on the flop I think he's more likely to bluff here than if we bet the flop. I think a call or a fold is both arguable. I think he's bluffing often enough for our call to be profitable. More stats on him like his agg and bet vs missed cb and river aggression would help.

Cgf