Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $50,75
      BU:
      $37,05

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.57 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:spade: , J:spade:
      BU calls $0,50, SB folds, Hero raises to $2,50, BU calls $2,00.

Flop: ($5,25) T:club: , 8:spade: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5,25, BU calls $5,25.

Turn: ($15,75) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $15,75, BU raises to $29,30 (All-In), Hero calls $13,55.

Final Pot: $74,35

I am not sure if i am the favorit here if all the money goes in, so maybe a different line would be better? Like: smaller cb on flop, check/call turn and check/call or fold river?
      Or is it ok to commit here, because it's only 3 handed and tptk is worth more?
  • 4 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi kesgab,
      Indeed, I would advise c-betting smaller - something like 2/3 pot (almost) regardless of the board. And on the turn.. I suppose a shove is ok, but again, bet smaller, around 10$. You can either fold or call the push, I don't think there's much difference. Reads would be very helpful in this spot. But overall, with the odds you are getting, you will be against 9x or J7, T9 etc often enough to call imo.

Regards,
      Craig
    • Rialli
      Rialli
      Bronze
      I would normally go for swissmoumout's line and make a smaller bet on the flop($4) and turn($10) and probably fold to a shove on turn. As you played it I would also call the shove.

However to make it more interesting what about a line with C/C flop and C/R all-in on turn? You might get some fold equity out of this play depending on the villains bet sizes.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      I thought about c/r AI, but I just see all weaker hands folding and all better hands calling, so not the best solution I'd say ;)

Regards,
      Craig
    • kesgab
      kesgab
      Bronze
      Thanks! Now i see that i could have planned on the flop, that i make a smaller cbet than bet/fold turn for example.