Hero bets $2.75, BTN calls $2.75

Turn: ($10.25, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75

River: ($21.75, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $16.80 and is all-in, fold
      Villain is 27/22 player agr f 1.8
      fold to 3 bet 75%, 4 bet 0 %, fold to cbet in 3 bet 40%
      Wtsd 31%,W&sd 43%, 200 hands

Whats the best way to play this hand against this type off Villain.
      My thoughts were that he would call or raise turn for sure cause he continue with narow range in 3 bets so i think his got some type off Ak, or KQ hand. So i went for c/c turn and my plan was if i hit A ,spade C/c call river and if 3 hits donk shove river. I guess my 2 other alternatives are bet bet shove line and c/ raise flop line so witch one do you prefer and why ? And how would you play river if you took my line ?
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Dzikson999,

If you knew villain was ultra-tight and always had KK+/AK it would be pointless to cbet because you have no fold-equity and are an equity underdog.

In reality villain is probably a decent amount wider. Also important along with Ft3bet stat is the ATS because it tells us what range he is opening in the first place.

Given villain has a low fold to cbet in 3bet pots it suggests he is floating the flop with a decent part his range (as he probably should be if you are 3betting often). I would tend towards double-barrelling, because he can very easily have a hand like AJ or JJ in his flop calling-range, so you should have fold-equity on the turn. Another option would be to check-jam turn as a semi-bluff.

Your line is probably just about +EV on the turn given you have such a strong draw + some river implieds, but not my preferred line. On brick river, I am check/folding. On spade river donking for value. On non-spade trey river, letting villain fire.