[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH AKo vs ugly turn

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $13.63 (136.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $13.16 (131.6 bb)
      BB: $10.90 (109 bb)
      UTG: $10.94 (109.4 bb)
      MP: $12.58 (125.8 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, MP calls $1, BTN calls $1

Flop: ($4) 6 A 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.65, MP folds, BTN calls $2.65

Turn: ($9.30) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.65, BTN raises to $9.68, Hero???

i played this hand a long time ago, and i even posted it before but i can't find the thread.

MP seems like a tight reg over 23 hands and BU is an unknown. - only 2 hands on him.

so the turn is obviously a terrible spot but my question is about the pot odds. i need ~20% equity here to break even and im given amazing pot odds. is this spot so bad that i'm NEVER ahead here, and so pot odds aren't even an issue?

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why are we underbetting the turn? It looks like we are attempting to bet/fold so villain can shove as a semibluff with a hand like TTc for example.

Thus I would never be able to fold given our line (plus AQ is also part of his range, at least AxQc)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i completely missed my sizing here. i think i felt a bit uncertain because we were slightly deep and the pot was huge. should i be betting bigger on the turn or what? i don't see many other options because check/calling sucks and check/folding is a bit underplayed.. i don't really like playing deep...

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      i completely missed my sizing here. i think i felt a bit uncertain because we were slightly deep and the pot was huge. should i be betting bigger on the turn or what? i don't see many other options because check/calling sucks and check/folding is a bit underplayed.. i don't really like playing deep...

thanks
      You aren't that deep here :)

Wait till you play 200 BB and you have this spot.

But your line here is fine as long as we bet/call because we can induce from villain, either a lighter call or shove.