This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH AKo vs ugly turn

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $13.63 (136.3 bb)
      Hero (SB): $13.16 (131.6 bb)
      BB: $10.90 (109 bb)
      UTG: $10.94 (109.4 bb)
      MP: $12.58 (125.8 bb)
      CO: $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.30, BB folds, MP calls $1, BTN calls $1

Flop: ($4) 6 A 6 (3 players)
      Hero bets $2.65, MP folds, BTN calls $2.65

Turn: ($9.30) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.65, BTN raises to $9.68, Hero???

i played this hand a long time ago, and i even posted it before but i can't find the thread.

MP seems like a tight reg over 23 hands and BU is an unknown. - only 2 hands on him.

so the turn is obviously a terrible spot but my question is about the pot odds. i need ~20% equity here to break even and im given amazing pot odds. is this spot so bad that i'm NEVER ahead here, and so pot odds aren't even an issue?

thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why are we underbetting the turn? It looks like we are attempting to bet/fold so villain can shove as a semibluff with a hand like TTc for example.

Thus I would never be able to fold given our line (plus AQ is also part of his range, at least AxQc)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i completely missed my sizing here. i think i felt a bit uncertain because we were slightly deep and the pot was huge. should i be betting bigger on the turn or what? i don't see many other options because check/calling sucks and check/folding is a bit underplayed.. i don't really like playing deep...

thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      i completely missed my sizing here. i think i felt a bit uncertain because we were slightly deep and the pot was huge. should i be betting bigger on the turn or what? i don't see many other options because check/calling sucks and check/folding is a bit underplayed.. i don't really like playing deep...

thanks
      You aren't that deep here :)

Wait till you play 200 BB and you have this spot.

But your line here is fine as long as we bet/call because we can induce from villain, either a lighter call or shove.