10 best starting hands in hold'em ???

• wlcKeD
      wlcKeD
      Bronze
      Hey, I was wondering, if you were forced to strictly rank 10 best starting hands in hold'em - how this list would look like ?

1. AA
      2. KK
      3. QQ
      4. JJ or ... AKs ??
      5. ... and so on ...

Just ONE starting hand on EACH rank. Nothing like "4. JJ !OR! AKs". And obviously, equity wise, even pocket deuces are better than AKs, but we do not compare them just vs each other, but ... vs whole top range ? or ? ... SOOO, this is the case, how do we strictly decide these 10 best starting hands, giving each hand just one rank?

Is it:
      1. AA 2. KK 3. QQ 4. AKs 5. AKo 6. JJ 7. TT 8. AQs 9. 99 10. AQo ???
  • 4 replies
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      it depends how do u want to use them. if u mean pure equity for all in then pairs will be more valuable, if u mean cash game starting hands for actually playing them postflop then highcard combos will be mroe valuable than small pocket pairs.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      1. AA, 2. KK, 3. QQ, 4. JJ, 5. TT, 6. AKs, 7. 99, 8. AQs, 9. AKo, 10. AJs
    • Rihard4a
      Rihard4a
      Gold
      1. AA, 2. KK, 3. QQ, 4. JJ, 5. TT, 6. 99, 7. 88, 8. 77, 9. 66, 10. 55

:coolface:

But in all seriousness, just ask Phil Hellmuth, he can give better answer to this.

Phil Hellmuth chooses these
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      U can use equilab to see the top % ranges.

If u want to improve ur game in ranges u have to see them as "%" hand ranges and not ranking them . Ok AA and KK are the nuts preflop. But when u go lower u see a lot of troubles.

For ranking the hands i dont know if thats possible and accuarate for example lets say a top 5 % range is TT+,AJs+,AQo+ and we want to compare them with AJs or 99 to see which hand is better we see that we have pretty much the same EQ with both hands against the 5% range. And preetty much this happens with a lot of hands.
      However when u play they have dif purposes and dif pros and cons .

To conclude i dont think u can rank them just use them in term of ranges and adjust accordingly