PokerStars
      2 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      SB (€431.32) 108bb
      Hero (BB) (€522.57) 131bb

Pre-Flop: (€6, 2 players) Hero is BB A:diamond: 9:diamond:
      SB raises to €8, Hero calls €4

Flop: 3:heart: 7:club: K:diamond: (€16, 2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €12, Hero calls €12

Turn: 6:diamond: (€40, 2 players)
      Hero checks, SB bets €20, Hero raises to €85.27, SB calls €65.27

River: 3:spade: (€210.54, 2 players)
      Hero goes all-in €417.30

Villain starts often tbls, but he is a weak reg with confirmed sizeing-tells.
      His hu-stats are also pretty bad:
      fold vs steal (vs. minraises): 62%
      3b: 31,8%, while coldcalling only 7% (44)! and his fodl to 3b is also pretty high so far: 73%

The situation OTT is simple:
      I have herea strong confirmed read, that whenever his 2ndBar-size is exaclty his size in this hand, he has a (for him) weaker Madehand he bets here for value to checkback on rivers (this are MPGK-hands and TPNK-hands).
      So C/Caling is loosing in valu cause I have at this point no SD-value.

I do not know yet if he can fold his (for him) weaker madehands at any point vs a lot of pressure - so do you think its reasonalbe here to find out by C/Ring here to bout 4x and overjamming rivers?
      Or how you would react to his 2ndbarell(size) with the information i have given you?

my C/Call OTT and blufflead some rivers such as a 7, mb a 3 woul be an option + small leading (mb underleading) diamoands and A-rivers?
  • 7 replies
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I think this is a reasonable line to take even without the read you have.
      I wouldn't bluff on that river card though.
      I think you can make it 3x OTT and normal river sizing.
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      I think this is a reasonable line to take even without the read you have.
      I wouldn't bluff on that river card though.
      I think you can make it 3x OTT and normal river sizing.

I had the stronmg feeling that vs. normal sizes, he would go into curious-calldown-mode...
      So i wanted to make it expensive for him.

rivercard is for obv. reasons not the best - at least it might decrease perceived my bluffingfreq....
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IronPumper
      rivercard is for obv. reasons not the best - at least it might decrease perceived my bluffingfreq....
      yeah it obv depends on which level ppl are but usually I find that they think that it reduces your value combos and call more often
    • yegon
      yegon
      Silver
      I had the stronmg feeling that vs. normal sizes, he would go into curious-calldown-mode...
      with the read you have i would want to play value like dublimax suggested, so playing a bluff the same way makes sense - there are benefits if you get called - you confirm that this line is good for thin value in the future and you will get more action action overall in the future

I also think that a smaller turn raise keeps villains calling range a bit wider and gives us more fold equity on the river. With the sizing you used he basically has to have TP co call there and it is very hard to make people fold TP
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yegon
      with the read you have i would want to play value like dublimax suggested, so playing a bluff the same way makes sense - there are benefits if you get called - you confirm that this line is good for thin value in the future and you will get more action action overall in the future

I also think that a smaller turn raise keeps villains calling range a bit wider and gives us more fold equity on the river. With the sizing you used he basically has to have TP co call there and it is very hard to make people fold TP
      idk bout this and basically do not rly agree.

Vs. capped ranges its in general a good idea to use big sizeings, when youare yourself not capped - this is here the case due to my read...
    • yegon
      yegon
      Silver
      I agree generally that the best way to play vs capped ranges is overbetting, it also allows us to bluff more. I tend to use it a lot on drawy boards where villains if they want to go with their hand will just reship and not call and call river

but on such a dry texture when you are raising so huge on the turn, its like you are telegraffing your intentions for the river, I think most villains would decide on the turn if they want to fold right there or if they are calling down.

You could have fold equity on an A river or on a diamond but on a 3 I dont think so because as i said you made him decide on the turn with your sizing
    • IronPumper
      IronPumper
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by yegon
      I agree generally that the best way to play vs capped ranges is overbetting, it also allows us to bluff more. I tend to use it a lot on drawy boards where villains if they want to go with their hand will just reship and not call and call river

but on such a dry texture when you are raising so huge on the turn, its like you are telegraffing your intentions for the river, I think most villains would decide on the turn if they want to fold right there or if they are calling down.

You could have fold equity on an A river or on a diamond but on a 3 I dont think so because as i said you made him decide on the turn with your sizing

would think also like you - butIm not sure if we mb do not project our own thoughts too much on the average Villain?
      For instance, he had not made his mind clear OTT, cause he time-folded oTR and has written in the chat tha his curious about whatI had...

The thing is, that my plan OTT is to make him ris his entire stack - if my C/ROTT would be more common like 3x-3,5x, then my OBOTR would need to be kinda big.

though actually it would need to be then 2x - not my default OB-size, but cause I wanna exploit here something, mb C/Ring OTT to 70$ and overjamming for bout 2x-PS OTR would have been better...