Kill Everyone - NL10 FR

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      After giving MTTSNgG's a shot from february till now I have decided to put my Bankroll Building challenge on standby and move back to cash games. While I have been playing MTTSnG's I have tried to keep my blog updated and I feel it have helped me in multiple ways, I have met new people to talk strategy with and just the fact that I have my goals written down have really given me great motivation.

Since I now have decided to move to cash games I still want to have a blog, but since my last blog were about MTTSnG's pretty much everything in it is unrelated to cash games, so I have decided to start a new blog with a new challenge and new goals. I would blog about real life stuff, but since my life ain't too exiting I will spare you. :D

After the Bankroll Building challenge I had $274,84 and T$ 18.50, so I will cash out $224,84, which leaves me with $50 for this challenge (don't know what I'm gonna do with the T$ yet). I will start at NL2 FR and hopefully work my way up through the limits.

• 60 replies
    • adamrothwell
      adamrothwell
      Bronze
      Hey good luck with this challenge! You have done well in the SNG's is there any particular reason why you have put that challenge on hold rather than keep building the bankroll?

:)
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      i have to say i love the take no days off videos. Part two is pretty decent!

Good luck with your spin up!
    • Grolongor
      Grolongor
      Bronze
      lol i also switched to cashgames yesterday x) :f_biggrin:
    • RedStarUltras
      RedStarUltras
      Bronze
      Good luck m8
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by adamrothwell
      Hey good luck with this challenge! You have done well in the SNG's is there any particular reason why you have put that challenge on hold rather than keep building the bankroll?

:)
      Basically I have just gotten tired of playing them, I really don't want to force myself hard into playing, I play because I enjoy the game and I want to keep it that way but lately that haven't been the case with the 45 man sng's, so I decided to try out cash game again. With that said it's not certain that I won't make it back into 45 man's again, but for now I want to play cash games.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I just wanted to make a short update on how my first day at the challenge went. I didn't expect to crush right from the start since I had to adjust my game from SnG play to CG, but the game is very soft, so yesterday I won $12,60, and I didn't really think I ran super hot pr anything so thats also good.

I had a few hands where I weren't totally sure what to do, but ended up making some big river calls, which also turned out pretty good, some players just don't really think too much about what line they have taken before they start bluffing which leads to they are very easy to exploit. I will give some examples where you are very welcome too give your opinion on the hands.

Hand 1:
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: 54.5 BB (VPIP: 22.97, PFR: 6.96, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 438)
      CO: 122 BB (VPIP: 26.53, PFR: 12.24, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 49)
      BTN: 51 BB (VPIP: 11.76, PFR: 10.59, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 88)
      Hero (SB): 119 BB
      BB: 44.5 BB (VPIP: 34.78, PFR: 21.74, 3Bet Preflop: 5.88, Hands: 47)
      UTG: 50 BB (VPIP: 12.82, PFR: 2.56, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 39)
      UTG+1: 254.5 BB (VPIP: 23.22, PFR: 7.94, 3Bet Preflop: 3.01, Hands: 499)

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.5 BB, BB calls 1.5 BB

Flop: (5 BB, 2 players) T:spade: J:heart: 2:spade:
      Hero bets 3 BB, BB calls 3 BB

Turn: (11 BB, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets 6 BB, BB calls 6 BB

River: (23 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets 33 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 33 BB

BB shows 6:spade: 4:spade: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 41%, Flop 53%, Turn 20%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: Q:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Tens) (Pre 59%, Flop 47%, Turn 80%)
      Hero wins 86 BB

Hand 2:
      PokerStars - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG+1: 83 BB (VPIP: 11.21, PFR: 0.86, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 117)
      UTG+2: 257 BB (VPIP: 31.48, PFR: 1.85, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 55)
      MP: 238 BB (VPIP: 15.91, PFR: 10.23, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 92)
      MP+1: 48.5 BB (VPIP: 30.88, PFR: 13.43, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 68)
      CO: 110.5 BB (VPIP: 38.78, PFR: 2.04, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 49)
      BTN: 261.5 BB (VPIP: 8.94, PFR: 2.85, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 249)
      SB: 71 BB (VPIP: 12.00, PFR: 2.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 50)
      BB: 48 BB (VPIP: 34.62, PFR: 12.00, 3Bet Preflop: 20.00, Hands: 26)
      Hero (UTG): 109 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:club: J:spade:

Hero raises to 4 BB, fold, UTG+2 calls 4 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BB calls 3 BB

Flop: (12.5 BB, 3 players) A:diamond: A:spade: 2:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 7 BB, UTG+2 calls 7 BB, fold

Turn: (26.5 BB, 2 players) 5:club:
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets 13 BB, Hero calls 13 BB

River: (52.5 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG+2 bets 46 BB, Hero calls 46 BB

UTG+2 shows 8:heart: 8:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 19%, Flop 8%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows J:club: J:spade: (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 81%, Flop 92%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins 139.5 BB

And finally some run good, this one never gets old :D
    • CptCap
      CptCap
      Bronze
      Good luck!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I just wanted to sum up on the last couple days before I start a session today. Wednesday I wanted to play a good session, but after about 700 hands I felt very tired, so I decided to call it a day instead of pushing it too much and end up playing bad and still be tired the next day. But I still managed to win about $3, so at least I could write a small profit to my bankroll.

Yesterday I decided to play a good amount of hands, since I didn't get to play too much on wednesday. And I'm pretty happy with the volume I put in, I play just about 5,600 hands, the result on the other hand were not as good as I had expected but even though I ran $10 below EV I still managed to grind out a $10 profit for the day, so another profitable day and a step closer to NL5. :)

But as I mentioned I'm just about to start a session so I'm just gonna wrap up this blog post. I would have posted a couple hands, but even though I played more than 5k hands yesterday I didn't mark any hands. I made some big calls, and most of them were correct but poker copilot ain't as easy to mark hands in as PT4, and since PT4 didn't work yesterday I didn't mark those hands.

• tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      move up already! :D I think 10-15BIs are enough for you if you feel like you're absolutely crushing NL2.

Good luck!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      move up already! :D I think 10-15BIs are enough for you if you feel like you're absolutely crushing NL2.

Good luck!
      Still think it's a bit too early, I like to use a nitty BRM, so I'm probably first gonna take a shot when I got 25 BI, but I think that should be possible by the end of the month. :)
    • georgelboss
      georgelboss
      Bronze
      i am playing also NL2 on stars FR, maybe we've clashed in a few hands :)
      My advise is build a bigger bankroll till you move up to NL5. I took a shot at 20 bi's,but it didn't worked out so i had to move back at NL2. The field is 'different' at Nl5, i can't say stronger or tougher, but different and need some time to adjust.

What's your nickname on stars?:)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by georgelboss
      i am playing also NL2 on stars FR, maybe we've clashed in a few hands :)
      My advise is build a bigger bankroll till you move up to NL5. I took a shot at 20 bi's,but it didn't worked out so i had to move back at NL2. The field is 'different' at Nl5, i can't say stronger or tougher, but different and need some time to adjust.

What's your nickname on stars?:)
      I have been playing on NL5 before, but without success, so I know what you are saying, it's definitely different than NL2.

My screen name on stars is seerup93
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      So yesterday I really didn't feel like playing, and since I have played a decent amount of hands the last couple days I decided to take the day off from poker, to relax a little. I couldn't stay totally away, so I re-watched some hands from my last session.

Since I really don't think pokerstrategy have a lot for bronze members I bought silver membership for $19 for 3 months which is a pretty fair price IMO, so I watch Bogdan's last FR series about hand evaluations which I really think was good, so if you haven't watched it it's defiantly worth it. I also watch a video on another site by Balugawhale who really talked about a lot of things that really can improve your game.

Today I have just finished a session of about 2500 hands, where I think I played okay, but I just had some big setups against me where I in the most cases got stacked, so I ended down $2,28 after being down with about $7 at one point, so I after all I guess it's not too bad. Now Im just gonna take a short break before I start looking at some hands from today to see if I have played bad in some specific spots.

In this hand I really didn't know if I played it good, I guess it's a pretty loose call from BB, but on the river i guess it's a pretty std situation, but I still feel bad about for some reason

No Limit Hold'em $0,01/$0,02
      PokerStars
      8 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($1,90)
      UTG+1 - UTG+1 ($2,57)
      MP - MP ($3,08)
      MP2 - MP2 ($2,03)
      CO - CO ($0,94)
      BTN - BTN ($2,79)
      SB - SB ($2,60)
      BB - Hero ($2,71)

Preflop: ($0,03, 8 players) Hero is BB with 6:spade: 7:spade:
      2 folds, MP raises to $0,08, 4 folds, Hero calls $0,06

Flop: 4:diamond: 8:spade: 3:club: ($0,17, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: T:spade: ($0,17, 2 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks

River: 9:heart: ($0,17, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0,10, MP raises to $0,30, Hero raises to $0,79, MP raises to $1,82, Hero calls $1,03

Total Pot: $3,81
      MP shows Q:heart: J:spade: (a straight, Eight to Queen)
      Hero mucks 6:spade: 7:spade:

MP wins $3,68

And now just some run good to finish the post :D

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      The last couple days I have been really busy and haven't had much time to play, and no time to update my blog. So I just wanted to quick update on the last days before I start a session. In the last five days since my last update I have only played about 7,500 hands which I'm pretty disappointed with, but as I said I haven't had much time to play, so I'm just gonna have to put in some good sessions the last two days of the month to reach 25,000 hands for the month.

I haven't been studying enough either, but I have begun looking at goals for next month, and one of them might very well be completing the NL Advanced Learning Path I: Junior.

But back to this month and the latest results, I haven't played enough, but the results have been pretty decent in the last 7,500 hands I'm up $27,10, so if everything go as planed I should be able to take my first shot at NL5 at the beginning of next month.

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I don't want to write a long report about this month since I just started playing FR CG again two weeks ago, but I still want to sum up on the goals I set for myself. I tried to set some pretty achievable goals but still I managed not to get enough volume, I only played 22,500 hands these last two weeks, but considering have little time I have had I'm not too sad about it. Tonight I think I could have played a good session and reached the 25,000 hands, but Pokerstars were running extremely slow on my computer so I had to stop before it tilted me too much.

I still managed to reach the other two goals, I won $60,43 this month which exactly were enough to reach my goal and a also managed to get silverstar on Pokerstars, which i plan on keeping from now on. :f_grin:

I think one of the things I have improved most in my game lately is that I'm more LAG and exploiting more, since most players at NL2 is very easy to exploit, which also can be seen on my non-showdown winnings. :f_cool:

I have already planed most of the goals for next month, so I will just update them in the first post in the blog if anyone wants to follow my progress. :D

And since it's been such a good month here is some run good for the next month! :f_love:
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      Hi Seerup

I never realised you had switched back to cash. I am playing 5nl Speed Poker on iPoker now as I got a little jaded with the 45man grind too.

Good Luck with your challenge and goals :s_cool:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I have been quite busy this month so far, so I haven't had very much volume and haven't felt like updating my blog either, but since I'm gonna take a shot at NL5 I think it's a pretty good reason to update my blog.

Yesterday I was pretty burned out, so I decided to take a day off from poker, since I want to be ready for the weekend. I will try to play about six days a week and take one day off just so I don't get too burned down.

As mentioned this month I haven't had too much volume, I have only played 4,200 hands, but I'm up with $16,15, so my bankroll is now up to about 25 BI's for NL5 and since friday is one of the softest days of the week I think it's a pretty good time to take a shot. It's gonna be a 5 BI shot, so if I should happen to lose 5 BI's I'm just gonna move down to NL2 again and re-build my roll until Im rolled for an other shot.

This week I have also been working on my game a bit, I have read some pretty basic articles about betting, but as everybody should know you need to know the basics. Something I will try to work on is c-betting, I'm not really sure about my sizing, since I'm not quite sure how to vary my sizing on different boards, so I will try to post some hands, read some articles and watch some videos to get better at it.

I also ran across a very interesting blog post on anskypoker.com about Money Doesn't Motivate, I really think everybody should read this post and watch the video (I will post it below).

• SepOwnage
      SepOwnage
      Bronze
      Cool blog you got there! I'm also trying to grind NL2-NL4
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SepOwnage
      Cool blog you got there! I'm also trying to grind NL2-NL4
      TY TY, glad to hear somebody is reading it :) I hope you can use some of the posts to help you see how to improve your game :f_cool: