This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5 Zoom 77 set funny play

• cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $9.46 (189.2 bb)
      SB: $4.66 (93.2 bb)
      Hero (BB): $7.42 (148.4 bb)
      UTG: $10.29 (205.8 bb)
      MP: $5 (100 bb)
      CO: $7.40 (148 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7 7
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32) T 2 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.25, MP raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $0.90, MP calls $0.40

Turn: ($2.12) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, MP calls $1.10

River: ($4.32) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.65, MP calls $2.85 and is all-in

Results:
      $10.02 pot ($0.42 rake)
      Final Board: T 2 7 4 2
      Hero showed 7 7 and won $9.60 ($4.60 net)
      MP showed T A and lost (-$5 net)

MP - ( $5.00 USD ) - VPIP: 44, PFR: 22, 3B: 0, AF: 0.7, Hands: 9

PF: Flat to set-mine. Villain looks a little fishy.

Flop: It is very dry, so decided to go for a standard x/r. Only draw is 98, made hands PPs from 88-AA, Tx/7x. When he bets so small, I automatically put him on a weak range. But w my set of 77s, I just wanna get as much money in as possible.

So I decided to play weird and raise really small to make it seem like I think he's bluffing and I'm bluffing him back. Leveling myself?? ?(

When he 3-bets 2x, it really really feels he's just bluffing as he cannot really rep much other than overpairs & sets. And I already have one of it. Anything other made hand is really overplay IMO. So I decided to 4-bet 1.8x hoping he 5-bets and then I can finally get it in.

Turn: After he calls my 5-bet, I decided he's pretty much married to his hand already even though w his stack size he could still get away. So I just bet 1/2 pot and prepare to shove e River. I could bet a little more so as to make my River bet smaller.

Review: I know e standard line w sets is to x/r, bet, bet/ship. But w Villain's fishy stats albeit only 9 hands and his weird flop bet, I decided to be a little creative and try something different. It's still pretty much e same standard line, but just a little variation w the bet-sizing. Is it okay?
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop I prefer a bigger check/raise here.
      When he min3bets I like your 4bet here to induce him.

When he calls I prefer a little bit bigger bet on the turn in order to have smaller SPR on the river.

As played, the river is fine.

Nice hand.

Best,
      Plamen