[NL20-NL50] NL50 - A4o 3b pot Howmany barrels?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

Villain:
      18/16/80h seems regular so far. No other trustable info
      2/2 foldtors so far
      0/1 foldtocbet so far

Now I flop a GS. Hand too weak to use as bluffcatcher and good enough to not check/fold. Standard cbet. I think the board is a little bit drawy so betting 60% pot is best I guess.

Turn is a blank. I guess I can only barrel if I know he floated Ahi's and I think this is possible? What do u think? He has too many PP combo's?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2147442
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $85.11
      SB: $51.86
      Hero (BB): $53.70
      UTG: $186.15
      MP: $58.20
      CO: $199.46

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :diamond: 4 :spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $4.50, BTN calls $3.25

Flop: ($9.25) 3 :heart: 9 :heart: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5, BTN calls $5

Turn: ($19.25) 3 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $10, BTN calls $10

River: ($39.25) 4 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks
  • 9 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I dislike 3betting so weak when OOP. More depolarised range imo, A4o will be quite weak since you can expect reasonable amount of calls here.

As played preflop, postflop I think you have to hope he folds some pairs and believes you represent overpair. I don't think A4 has enough showdown value on the river and most of your opponent's range will consist of middle pairs and some slowplays.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      So what do u do preflop then? Fold v 2.5x and 3bet v 2x? I guess A hi is fine to defend even vs 2x?

And what do you do postflop? Barrel? Bet ones? Tripple?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      So what do u do preflop then? Fold v 2.5x and 3bet v 2x? I guess A hi is fine to defend even vs 2x?

And what do you do postflop? Barrel? Bet ones? Tripple?
      Vs 2.5x fold, vs 2x I call very often, unless I think BU is too good for me. I cannot win against everyone so if others are better, I tend to get out of the way if I give my opponent the skill edge.

Postflop, you get some extra money when opp reps Ax when you actually have it plus he will also check to fold often. BvBU you have to donk sometimes as well, I think we've discussed this a couple of months ago. To make it intuitive, the BB caller can rep a stronger range than BU opener very often so you can donk sort of like a reverse cbet both for value and bluff on different textures.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      OK Preflop is clear :)

But postflop I don't really get what u mean :o , what would u do on this board after we 3bet?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze

But postflop I don't really get what u mean :o , what would u do on this board after we 3bet?
      Cbet is fine with gutshot and Ace.

I was talking in general when you just call against a minraise that you have options.

In this case I think doubling might be +EV but I don't see how triple is still not +EV is double barreling is. It's hard to rep much though, which is why I have doubts about 3 barreling. You rep overpair when you triple, no other pair that hit flop.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

Cbet is fine with gutshot and Ace.

I was talking in general when you just call against a minraise that you have options.

In this case I think doubling might be +EV but I don't see how triple is still not +EV is double barreling is. It's hard to rep much though, which is why I have doubts about 3 barreling. You rep overpair when you triple, no other pair that hit flop.
      what do you mean with that in bold? :P
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I meant "but I don't see how triple is still not +EV if double barreling is". In other words, your EV doesn't drop on a river bet imo.. I think in general you should have enough hands that gradually fold on each street although it's not an awesome board to fire away.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Don't u think he'll call any PP on a 3th barrel now that the FD missed?

Oh and so u htink 2nd barrel is fine?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Don't u think he'll call any PP on a 3th barrel now that the FD missed?

Oh and so u htink 2nd barrel is fine?
      1. That's the debate: will he call any pair or will he believe we have an overpair too often? It's very opponent dependant. Our hand is OK to 3 barrel because we had good equity and since we only barrel hands with good equity, our frequency won't become too insane.

2. Yes, he should float some hands like BD flushes with overs and fold them now. If we check, we cannot check/call against his range so we just bluff him off worse hands which is also fine for us.