[NL2-NL10] nl10sh KQ OOP,tp flop

• EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Boss, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $9.85 (98.5 bb)
      SB: $11.04 (110.4 bb)
      BB: $3.36 (33.6 bb)
      Hero (MP): $14.08 (140.8 bb)
      CO: $5.86 (58.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q K
      Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, BTN calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 8 2 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.75) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($3.75) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, BTN raises to $8.05, Hero folds

Results:
      $6.95 pot ($0.36 rake)
      Final Board: 8 2 Q 5 4
      BTN mucked and won $6.59 ($3.19 net)
      Hero mucked Q K and lost (-$3.40 net)

Opponent stats : vpip 25/pfr 21/pf 3bet 5.3/af 3.7/wts 23/w$sd 60.
      Don 't know what to say here.
      Should i fold on flop ? Or maybe 3bet ? I think 3bet is overplayed.Or should i play x/c against this opponent ?
      River correct fold ? Can be a missed FD bluff, or a made hand ?

Thanks !
  • 4 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Against such an aggressive guy I'd just call flop and let him barrel turn and then see the river. Ofc, all depends on his street Agressions. If he bluffs a lot on flop and then gives up, I could even fold to turn bet.

As played, I think I'd check-call to let him bet his fd's.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop is fine.

On the flop without any specific information I would just bet/fold here. If you think villain has a lot of bluffs or draws you can call here and plan to call down.

As played, what worse hands do you expect to call you on the river? What do you think about check/calling?

Best,
      Plamen
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      On the river my bet size look sth like a block bet.My goal was to bet fold it.
      Is it correct ?
      I think i bet on the river and not check/call because i was afraid of a big river bet(maybe pot size).
      And the pot was already big and given his flop aggression maybe it would make sense.
      The hands i put him are :
      6 :heart: 7 :heart: and the most appropriate : A :heart: 3 :heart: which could act like this.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by EnterG
      On the river my bet size look sth like a block bet.My goal was to bet fold it.
      Is it correct ?
      I think i bet on the river and not check/call because i was afraid of a big river bet(maybe pot size).
      And the pot was already big and given his flop aggression maybe it would make sense.
      The hands i put him are :
      6 :heart: 7 :heart: and the most appropriate : A :heart: 3 :heart: which could act like this.
      I agree with Kymupa that we should bet/fold the flop.

I also do not see value in a bet on the river unless you are looking to induce a shove like he did. Think about how your hand looks to an aggro player.

You bet/call flop, ck turn and bet small on river when all draws missed. So as played we actually have to call river often versus aggro guy because we bet to induce.