Grunn17

• Grunn17
      Grunn17
      Bronze
      Goodmorning classmates,

I will only make a small background story. If you got any questions just ask,,

:spade: Grunn17
      :spade: 22 years.
      :spade: 3 years poker "experience"
      :spade: played NL5,NL10, NL25 and NL50 (tilted@NL100 :s_mad: )
      :spade: had my go with SNGs and MTTs
      :spade: because I didn't study and only played my winrate dropped at NL50
      :spade: downswing/badplay and tilt ---> Cashout
      :spade: took a long break and started playing NL2 again in Nov 2012
      :spade: had to movedown to nl5 2 times after upmoving to NL10

Now I know my biggest leak is to only play, and not study or review at all.
      I'm not as good as I always thought and I really need to learn as compensation.
      I think this course is an excellent quide of where to start my study and I also like the idea of questions after a couple of lessons to think it over again.

Tommorow I'll start the first lesson, so coaches be prepared ^^
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Grunn17,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • Grunn17
      Grunn17
      Bronze
      Lesson 1:
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

There is a lot of information to be found about poker, but still it's impossible to completly understand the game. I see the limits as a measure for your overall game "experience" and the higher you'll get, the tougher it is going to be..
      Before poker I used to play online shooters and always tried to be the best, for poker it goes the same..
      Also I like the idea of an hobby that could bring up some bucks, in stead of only costing bucks..

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?
      My biggest leak is attention. I'm mostly playing with a friend/ tv/ skype on the side, but I think it isn't really bothering my attention much.. Still I'm trying to improve that, by playing sessions at the desk(instead of the couch), no tv/ no music/ no skype. And for now playing shorter sessions for the weekdays 1 hour per day instead of the normal 3. The other 2 hours will be time for study/review before and after the session..
      My second leak was to only play poker, and never studie or review again..
      I've played about 200k hands cashgame without any reviews and only reading the bronze articles and a few silver articles in between..
      I will try to fix that by making a schedule for normal working days.
      These leaks and the beginners course are the bottom to start. Good workingplace, study, practice and a good aftersession review.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?
      Tight: You'll only play the hands, where you almost every time have the best hand.
      Aggressive: Your profit is coming from opponents who are making faults.
      Your opponent will make more faults under pressure.

Tight and aggressive play means we are looking at our position and cards,
      selecting our cards right, raise in the right spots, and bet a lot of flops where you are in position and you were the preflop aggresor.

I'm hoping you coaches can read my poor English. Dutch is my foreign language and my English isn't the best as you can read :f_p:
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Grunn,

Homework 1 complete, congrats.

Q1: well said !

Q2: You may think that TV or Skype are not a big distraction but they actually are. Any distraction prevents you from playing your A (most solid) game and thus should be avoided whenever possible.

The rest looks good and your plan looks solid, keep it up.

Best regards,

Bogdan