[NL20-NL50] [NL50] KQs 3b pot

• ains21

Villain is 28/26/15.5 reg (224 hands, sample issue) who isn't folding to 3 bets and opens BU 70%. He doesn't like to fold to c-bets that much so far, but hasn't played back aggressively (i.e. tends to call wide and play passive).

BB is 22/12/9.0 reg who will squeeze in this situation fairly often, but not out of line.

I choose to 3-bet here since BU is so wide and flatting sucks if we get squeezed here by the BB. We're also a little deeper and this hand has nice playability so I'm betting here for value.

On the flop I bet expecting to get called by many floats, but have BDFD+overs. Plan is to barrel any spade, K, Q and maybe some blank turns to fold out his Ax floats.

Turn is spade so std barrel w FD, and we get called. River gets blanked off and now what do we do? I assume he folds most Ax on the turn and has PP mainly by river. Is this likely or do you think he would double float?

Ch/f river?
      Would you play flop differently?
      What about turn?

Thank you.

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $69.51 (139 bb)
      CO: $66.31 (132.6 bb)
      UTG: $54.25 (108.5 bb)
      MP: $16.25 (32.5 bb)
      BTN: $69.96 (139.9 bb)
      Hero (SB): $84.69 (169.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $4, BB folds, BTN calls $3

Flop: ($8.50) 7 7 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.04, BTN calls $4.04

Turn: ($16.58) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9.50, BTN calls $9.50

River: ($35.58) 2 (2 players)
      Hero ???

Main reason I ask is because he shows up here with AKo -- am I a nit for expecting him to fold this on the turn?
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      pre flop - his wide open and calling tendencies make KQs an excellent candidate for 3betting for value, ill probably throw in KJs and ATs here as well for value. i dont think we have to worry so much about BB 3betting but our priority here should be value from BU.

flop - i think he could fold or call many hands here like AK AQ AJ AT KQ KJ KT QJ 55-JJ etc so betting here is good and i agree with the sizing. i agree with your plan to barrel any spade KQ but why not consider adding also J and T as bluffs?

turn - with the FD i think ill bet bigger here, i dont expect any pocket pairs to fold but i think overcards like AK AQ AJ AT KQ KJ KT QJ are more likely to fold to a bigger bet, something like 13-15 looks good. since we know he calls wide i think he has alot of overcard hands that could consider folding.

river - when we are here i think its mostly pp which isnt folding, and only some overcards like AQ AK which could fold or might not fold so i think check and give up is best.