BTN: $10.66
      SB: $10.65
      Hero (BB): $17.09
      UTG: $23.25
      MP: $15.11
      CO: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: K:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.20, fold, BTN calls $0.20, fold, Hero raises to $0.99, MP SNAPcalls $0.79, BTN calls $0.79

Flop: ($3.02, 3 players) 5:diamond: 9:heart: K:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.69, MP calls $1.69, fold

Turn: ($6.40, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $3.40, MP raises to $6.80, fold

MP wins $12.61

unknowns, mp is 4-tabling, btn is 1-tabling and my gut tells me that he is a fish.

you could call this a standard hand, yeah fine.
      some thoughts on:
      - sizings? i wanted to shove turns but i have to bet quite near pot to shove it against the fish. that'd be ok, but i am a bit concerned about the 4-tabling guy.
      - how much value do we actually have on the turn? i mean, i feel that he is pp heavy and not that many KQ/speculative hands. is best line just to bet/fold?
  • 3 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop squeezing is fine of course. Do you think this is MP's standard sizing?

Without any specific information about BU (the fact that he is one-tabling not always means he is a fish) I like betting like this on the flop. If we knew that he was a fish I would consider betting bigger and putting the money in on the turn.

Once we get called by MP I believe that his range is something like KQ/KJ/FD.

On this turn I think we can still fire a bullet but I would likely make it $3 since the board is quite heavy here.
      When he raises it is an easy fold. I doubt he will ever bluff in this spot.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      about BU it was just his avatar/screenname/stats on very few hands that made me think that he was a fish :D no solid data though.

bet flop bigger -> 2.5?
      i think that also helps in that we might narrow down the likely reg's range a bit, ie no more KJ.

i also think, though, that when he SNAPS preflop he is a bit more pp heavy, since he didn't even seem to think about 4betting or folding at all.
      it might be, though, that he just snapflats all his suited broadways because of the fish almost guaranteed continuing into the pot.

[edit: there doesn't seem to be any way for me to "ask for a judge to look into this hand" properly being a hand judge myself. :P ]
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I would only bet bigger if I don't expect them to change their ranges a lot, or if there is a fish.

Usually, if we bet $2.5 here, people would always fold PPs/KJ, probably even KQ, and we are left against a very tight range here, which isn't good since we make worse hands to fold, rather than call us.

Overall, I think that it is better to bet just the same amount as you did, since we are likely to get called more often by worse.
      Of course, if our initial goal is to end the hand as soon as possible, then just go ahead for the bigger bet, but in my opinion, we should rather try to take value.

About the reg's preflop range - the fact that he snaps could probably mean that he has a lot of PPs, but I think the same goes for hands like KQ/AK or so. Most often I would interpret this as a mark, that the hand he has is no where near folding or 4betting.
      I can't really say that his range is too PP heavy, since I can't really understand his action - I mean, I wouldn't really minraise preflop.
      Probably his range would look something like this - 88-QQ, ATs+, AJo+, KQs, KJs and probably some hands like T9s/89s if he has those.