[NL20-NL50] AA 3bet

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 106.82 BB (VPIP: 37.50, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 8)
      UTG: 41 BB (VPIP: 22.42, PFR: 14.74, 3Bet Preflop: 6.77, Hands: 1,142)
      MP: 273.5 BB (VPIP: 25.55, PFR: 22.91, 3Bet Preflop: 8.82, Hands: 1,209)
      CO: 101.74 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 6.25, Hands: 37)
      Hero (BTN): 140.04 BB
      SB: 106.12 BB (VPIP: 25.41, PFR: 22.03, 3Bet Preflop: 10.38, Hands: 1,062)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: A:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, BB calls 8 BB, CO calls 6 BB

Flop: (27.5 BB, 3 players) 6:diamond: Q:club: 3:club:
      BB checks, CO bets 16 BB, Hero calls 16 BB, fold

Turn: (59.5 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
      CO checks, Hero bets 34 BB, CO raises to 76.74 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 42.74 BB

River: (212.98 BB, 2 players) 2:club:

CO folds to 3bet 50%. few minutes ago I 3bet with A4s bu vs CO against him, and he called KQo was totally passive on K high, and I cbet flop and ch ch, so he saw my cards. This time I was suprised that he donks 3way, so call to also let 3rd player to call.
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey GingerKid,

Not sure I see any advantage in letting this hand go 3way to the turn. I would probably raise directly on the flop to about 34BB then jam turn.

In a single raised pot I would play raise/fold on flop and expect villains flop flatting range to mainly include Qx and draws while his 3betting range contained most of the sets.

It's a little bit tricker in a 3bet pot because after you've raised flop you have put in over a third of your stack and theoretically should be committed. If villain is ultra passive though, folding to a flop 3bet may not be beyond the realms of possibility.

As played, the same applies on the turn. Theoretically you've put enough of your stack in that you should be comitted, but assuming villain is ultra passive as your notes suggest it's not impossible to fold to ch/r here because he always has a set.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey GingerKid,

Not sure I see any advantage in letting this hand go 3way to the turn. I would probably raise directly on the flop to about 34BB then jam turn.

In a single raised pot I would play raise/fold on flop and expect villains flop flatting range to mainly include Qx and draws while his 3betting range contained most of the sets.

It's a little bit tricker in a 3bet pot because after you've raised flop you have put in over a third of your stack and theoretically should be committed. If villain is ultra passive though, folding to a flop 3bet may not be beyond the realms of possibility.

As played, the same applies on the turn. Theoretically you've put enough of your stack in that you should be comitted, but assuming villain is ultra passive as your notes suggest it's not impossible to fold to ch/r here because he always has a set.
      But If he was passive with KQ on K high, it can be that he is always passive, and only aggro with sets when he is sure he is ahead, or it can mean that he is aggro when bluffing or semi bluffing and passive when he has it. Anyway even if he would have a set here, I don't see the point of donking flop, since it looks strong.
      He had JQo, and probably he totally underestimated me in this hand because he saw last situation 3bet pot where I had A4s. Also I marked him because of that as fish, because he calls JQo 3bet vs 2 players.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      it can be that he is always passive, and only aggro with sets when he is sure he is ahead, or it can mean that he is aggro when bluffing or semi bluffing and passive when he has it.
      True, that's why you should go with your hand after you've raised flop unless you had solid info on this. By the time you raise flop you've put in over a third of your stack, commonly referred to as commitment threshold. So if there is any doubt about villains tendencies you should go broke after you raise the flop. The same after you bet the turn.

Originally posted by GingerKid
      Anyway even if he would have a set here, I don't see the point of donking flop, since it looks strong.
      I don't think donking a set would be ridiculous. There are some advantages. You avoid giving a free card to two players if initial raiser checks. Also while it looks strong, it probably looks weaker than a check/raise.