[NL20-NL50] [NL50] AKo vs. 2 mega fish

• ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      Hello.

I have a feeling a played this hand pretty terribly. Guys are aggro/passive fish respectively and play with the following stats (we have only a 100 hands or so on each):

MP: 38/12 and 2.8 aggro, 100% c-bet [limited sample]
      BU: 42/19 and 0/8 aggro, 33% fold to c-bet, 100% bet turn when checked to [limited sample]

So MP opens for 6xbb which was kind of weird because he hadn't done this yet in a single hand. This makes me think he had something pretty solid, and put me off squeezing in this spot after the passive fish called. I felt that being deep with both players I couldn't ever be SQ/calling here, though I guess I would be getting value from their worse Ax?

It's tough really: I feel like here with AKo OOP I'm really looking for a bit more fold equity pre-flop, and that I will end up either folding to 4b or just ch/f a ton of flops when I miss. Do you squeeze here? And to what size?

So I decide to flat, make top pair w BDFD and get a bet and call in front of me. Do you raise and expect to get value from Ax hands that fish love/draws? Or do you flat and play it a little safer here?

On the turn the PFR checks so we think he is ch/f here very often, and passive fish leads out for nearly pot. I think here alarm bells should be ringing since he cold-called 6xbb pre-flop, and called flop bet turn. But fish would do this with AQ/FD or something?

I think calling here was bad, and he auto-shoved river which was clear fold. Makes me think that maybe he did have FD in his range after all?

Completely lost in this hand, start to finish. Ty in advance for advice.

Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $72.06 (144.1 bb)
      MP: $83.21 (166.4 bb)
      CO: $51.44 (102.9 bb)
      BTN: $79.67 (159.3 bb)
      SB: $66.35 (132.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $183.82 (367.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $3, CO folds, BTN calls $3, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50

Flop: ($9.25) 4 8 A (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $5, BTN calls $5, Hero calls $5

Turn: ($24.25) 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP checks, BTN bets $19.50, Hero calls $19.50, MP folds

River: ($63.25) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $52.17 and is all-in, Hero folds

Results:
      $63.25 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: 4 8 A 6 Q
      BTN mucked and won $60.25 ($32.75 net)
      Hero mucked K A and lost (-$27.50 net)
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Ains21,

MP probably has a very tight opening range. I would not squeeze AK. I don't even mind folding AK that much, offsuit aces lose some of their value when deep anyway. I'd probably just call.

I'd probably tend towards playing raise/fold on the flop. You can get called by worse, you avoid seeing a turn multi-way, and you can safely fold to a 3bet expecting 3bet ranges to be value heavy when deep. Vs a flop flat you nearly always have the best hand on a blank turn and can bet again.

On the turn I would at least flat. BTN usually raises a set on flop and can easily hold a worse Ax or FD. Given that BTN might be a fish there could be value in a raise again.

The river is a terrible card, FD's and AQ all got there. I'd definitely fold river.