This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl5 66, missed flop. 2nd bullet

• Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](7 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      [color:grey]MP1 folds[/color], MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $0.26[/color], BB calls $0.22, [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], MP3 calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.82) Q:diamond: , 8:spade: , 8:diamond: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $0.55[/color], BB calls $0.55, [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color].

Turn: ($1.92) A:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1.20[/color], BB calls $1.20.

River: ($4.32) T:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]BB bets $2.67 (All-In)[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Final Pot: $6.99

Basically i'm not sure of three things.
      1. Is my preflop raise ok considering i was against 4 limpers and oop postflop
      2. is my contibet oop against two people ok? given the texture of the board i incline to think it was, only barely tho
      3. I'm pretty sure that the 2nd bullet on the turn was a bad move. What do you guys think?

About the villain, i was only for a few hands at that table, so i didn't know much about him
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Answering your questions:

1) No, I don't like the raise PF. Even if you were IP, against two limpers I don't think you have enough FE to make this raise profittable.

2) The texture of the board is good for a c-bet, but you also have to check what kind of opponent you're up against, the looser they are, the more inclined you have to be against c-betting.

3) Yep, I don't like it either. You're getting yourself in a very big pot with a very small hand. Tell the truth, I hardly ever shoot a 2nd barrel. Only when I got decent reads that my opponent likes to float.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi Zenith,

Originally posted by Faye6891
      Answering your questions:

1) No, I don't like the raise PF. Even if you were IP, against two limpers I don't think you have enough FE to make this raise profittable.

2) The texture of the board is good for a c-bet, but you also have to check what kind of opponent you're up against, the looser they are, the more inclined you have to be against c-betting.
      agree, however:

3) This is an okay-ish board for a 2nd barrel, but at nl5 you just don't have enough fold equity ever. Just stick to valuetowning the awful players and you'll find it works just fine :)

Regards,
      Craig