[NL2-NL10] nl5 66, missed flop. 2nd bullet

• Zenith88
      Zenith88
      Bronze
      0.02/0.04 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](7 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6:spade: , 6:diamond:
      [color:grey]MP1 folds[/color], MP2 calls $0.04, MP3 calls $0.04, [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $0.26[/color], BB calls $0.22, [color:grey]MP2 folds[/color], MP3 calls $0.22.

Flop: ($0.82) Q:diamond: , 8:spade: , 8:diamond: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $0.55[/color], BB calls $0.55, [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color].

Turn: ($1.92) A:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1.20[/color], BB calls $1.20.

River: ($4.32) T:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, [color:red]BB bets $2.67 (All-In)[/color], [color:grey]Hero folds[/color].

Final Pot: $6.99

Basically i'm not sure of three things.
      1. Is my preflop raise ok considering i was against 4 limpers and oop postflop
      2. is my contibet oop against two people ok? given the texture of the board i incline to think it was, only barely tho
      3. I'm pretty sure that the 2nd bullet on the turn was a bad move. What do you guys think?

About the villain, i was only for a few hands at that table, so i didn't know much about him
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Answering your questions:

1) No, I don't like the raise PF. Even if you were IP, against two limpers I don't think you have enough FE to make this raise profittable.

2) The texture of the board is good for a c-bet, but you also have to check what kind of opponent you're up against, the looser they are, the more inclined you have to be against c-betting.

3) Yep, I don't like it either. You're getting yourself in a very big pot with a very small hand. Tell the truth, I hardly ever shoot a 2nd barrel. Only when I got decent reads that my opponent likes to float.
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Hi Zenith,

Originally posted by Faye6891
      Answering your questions:

1) No, I don't like the raise PF. Even if you were IP, against two limpers I don't think you have enough FE to make this raise profittable.

2) The texture of the board is good for a c-bet, but you also have to check what kind of opponent you're up against, the looser they are, the more inclined you have to be against c-betting.
      agree, however:

3) This is an okay-ish board for a 2nd barrel, but at nl5 you just don't have enough fold equity ever. Just stick to valuetowning the awful players and you'll find it works just fine :)

Regards,
      Craig