$73.08
      CO:
      $42.35
      BU:
      $57.66
      SB:
      $50.00

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $1.50, CO folds, BU calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.75) K, 5, K (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.75) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50.

River: ($19.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $16.50, Hero calls $16.50.

Final Pot: $52.75.

BU: 264hands; 20/15/3Bet 4/FolttoCBetFlop 70(7/10)/AF10(9/inf/-)

CBet should be ok for value. Is Turn/River too strong to calldown (Kx/55/TT and no draws make his range strong).
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I would quite often check the flop in this spot. You don't get that much value. When you cbet though you should assume you get floated a reasonable amount and then your decision has to be to bluffcatch. Your play makes sense from a theory perspective but in practice I don't think people float and bluff turn + river often enough so I would prefer check/calling flop and going from there.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

I would quite often check the flop in this spot. You don't get that much value. When you cbet though you should assume you get floated a reasonable amount and then your decision has to be to bluffcatch. Your play makes sense from a theory perspective but in practice I don't think people float and bluff turn + river often enough so I would prefer check/calling flop and going from there.
      I agree. On this board if we get raised on flop it is hard to continue. If we check flop and bluff catch (knowing that he is aggro) I think we get more value than expecting that he floats and bets turn and river. I think in this particular spot it is the most important that villian folds to cbet 70% of the time, which means he is not floating, and would not bet turn and river with less than Kx.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

I agree. On this board if we get raised on flop it is hard to continue. If we check flop and bluff catch (knowing that he is aggro) I think we get more value than expecting that he floats and bets turn and river. I think in this particular spot it is the most important that villian folds to cbet 70% of the time, which means he is not floating, and would not bet turn and river with less than Kx.
      Missed this. :facepalm:

Very good point, thanks for bringing it up!

In general, I think check/calling OOP as PFR is not talked about enough, people still auto-cbet too much on so called good boards with any hand without considering future streets.